Get Cruise Docs a Little Earlier

cruisegirl613

FYI..........

I just called Carnival to see if someone could give me an estimated date as to when my cruise docs would be mailed to me. I was told that they are normally mailed out 3 weeks before the sail date, BUT I could request to have them mailed out now and receive them in about 7 days. I cruise on Dec. 5th. I should have them by Nov. 1st. It's a little sooner, but not that much.

Just wanted to let you know. :o

Mail here in the NOLA area is deadly slow - I've had things mailed to me mid September that I still haven't gotten. Thanks for the tip, I may email my PVP and ask her if they can mail my docs early so I don't run into any trouble.

This is nothing new. Most people just don't know to ask.

For the past 5-6 cruises, I've asked my PVP to send my docs immediately after I make final payment. I receive them within a week....so, I always have my docs in hand at least 3 months prior to every cruise. All you have to do is ask.

I always book a specific cabin - I don't do "guarantees", so my cabin info is printed on the docs, and I receive the correct colored luggage tags. However, If you have a guarantee booking, they'll have 'TBA' instead of a cabin number, and you'll receive gray tags indicating that no cabin has been assigned.

We'll be driving to Galveston. The original plan after our two NOLA cruises were cancelled was to wait and cruise next December on the Sensation. Week before last, however, it occurred to me that I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!! So I called and booked the Conquest. My inlaws live in Shreveport, LA - so we're going there for Thanksgiving then heading down to Galveston, then coming back to New Orleans after the cruise. I don't mind having to do that, but I sure can't wait until I can cruise out of my HOME town again!

My Question is...if our cruise docs aren't here when we are ready to leave for our cruise is it harder to get on the ship. My TA said they weren't important, as long as we had her confirmation email.

We are doing 3 cruises, one after the other and I'm sure I may not receive all of them before we leave.

What happens if I don't have all the tags for my suitcases?

Now I am getting stressed out.

Stressed out? You have three cruises in a row coming up - now I'M stressed out lol! Seriously, you do not need the docs, just your identification. They will give you luggage tags at the pier, also not a big deal. Just have a ball point pen ready. And ENJOY - I'm jealous! How'd you swing 3 back-to-backs?

Stressed out? You have three cruises in a row coming up - now I'M stressed out lol! Seriously, you do not need the docs, just your identification. They will give you luggage tags at the pier, also not a big deal. Just have a ball point pen ready. And ENJOY - I'm jealous! How'd you swing 3 back-to-backs?

2 different cruise lines and 3 different ships and lots of money:)No really it just was suppose to be 1 seven day cruise in December...but then we figured its a long winter in Canada and a long flight to Miami, sooo another 7 day happened to leave the same day we disembarked and then.....welllll.....I liked the Star Princess Itinerary and it left Port the same day were back off the Carnival Valor so I couldn't resist and booked it. I don't work but my husband dose so he just booked the extra few days off we needed for the Star and an extra 2 night in a hotel pre and post.

My favourite time to cruise would be February so I am going to book something for that month...maybe from California, its a little closer to home.

But thanks for letting me know the info and thanks for your well wishes. I feel much better that I don't need to get stressed.

Here are the ships and dates:Carnival

Victory-December 4,05 Miami

Valor-" "11,05 Miami

Star-" "18,05 Fort Lauderdale

Archived