Anyone ever requested a DVD player on board?

dvdkndy

We are cruising on the Splendor in a couple days for our 10th wedding anniversary. I wanted to surprise my wife and got our wedding video off the old mini tapes and had it put to dvd. I thought it'd be nice to watch our wedding on our anniversary night. Yes I know I am turning my man card in but we haven't seen it in a long time. That leads me to the question as to whether or not DVD players are available on board. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Most of the tvs outside of suite flat screens will not support dvd or game hookups. I would suggest a portable dvd player. They are about $50 on amazon. Very useful in other settings as well. Here's a clip of Carnival's policy:

Connecting Personal Devices to the Stateroom Television

Guests are*not*permitted to connect Digital Cameras/Camcorders, DVDs/VCRs, USB sticks, iPods, Nintendo/X-Box Play units with the television in the staterooms; all connection ports are disabled.

In Suite accommodations*only,*guests are able to connect their own DVD/video source through the television using an audio/video input plate; guests must supply their own RCA connection cables.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Congrats and I will be on your sailing. What a wonderful and thoughtful gift. No you do not need to turn in your man card. A real man does nice things for his wife simply to see her smile.

Oh and yes bring a lap top or portable DVD. I have yet to see a Carnival ship that can accommodate a DVD player. ( I have not been in a suite).