First time booking an inside (very forward) on the Getaway.

lakelivin2

Well, this is the first time we will book an inside cabin (alway a balcony). We decided to do a cruise before the cruise (b2b) and we'd like to save a little money for excursions since this is a Baltic port intensive cruise.

Has anyone booked a very forward inside cabin on the Getaway...namely on deck 5. The rooms appear a little larger than some of the other insides.

Anyone have tips? Should I pick a different floor?

We had two cabins on deck 5 on the Breakaway. The forward location was very convenient to O'Sheehan's and the atrium. Our cabins were the larger inside cabin category (IB). The layout of the room worked well for 2 people. We are booked in forward (IB) cabins for a future Getaway cruise. We also book balcony cabins, but sometimes we like to save some money.

We walked about the length of deck five to get off the ship at one of the ports. They were cleaning many rooms and we all commented on how large the insides appeared. Also the hall way was twice the width of the one on deck 13. At least I think that was deck 5.

Two years ago we had a large balcony that was very forward. This time we went with mid-ship because it felt such a long walk to go back to the cabin. We liked mid-ship much better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 20YearsBetweenCruises

Sailed Getaway last week. Our friends were in 5825 IF category and I thought it was a great size for an inside. We were all pleasantly surprised. I've sailed insides on Carnival and Royal and the floor plan and space in the Getaway inside was much better. The hallway was also huge!