What are your favorite or least favorite things about the Star Princess?

wildabouttheworld

We were on the 10-09-05 sailing and I have to say that one of our favorite things was the covered Calypso Reef Pool. It's peaceful and cool which can be a nice break from the hot, busy area around the Neptune Reef Pool during the day. We had many cat naps on the comfy chairs.

Food was great. Service was good. Both times that we had a table of 2 we felt invisible though. We had much better service when we sat with a group of people. We always ate pretty early (6-7) so I don't think it had much to do with the time that we ate.

Pizza and the grill by the pool is absolutely fantastic. I think the grill has actually improved a bit with better hamburger buns. Also, the Star, like the rest of the fleet, has wonderful pastas and desserts. I'll try and think of more...

Ok, I did think of one gripe and I'm not big on griping. It's the only one that sticks out from this cruise. The alcoholic drinks were way, way, way too SWEET. Think of a batch of lemonade that uses only half of the water recommended. You get the idea. Now, if I was to go back I would make sure that I sat by the bartender while he/she was making my drinks. We always ordered from the waiter and that may have been part of the reason. I think a little bit of "peer pressure" will help ensure a better drink.

Thanks, I look forward to reading more of your posts? What room and deck did you stay on? Did you have kids with you?

No kids. We booked an AC and got upgraded to an AA. We were in Dolphin Deck 502 (D502) and we loved it. The room was in really good shape.

We are going this next week (10/23)--B437/balcony. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll know more about it once I'm aboard. There are people sailing with us who just love this ship.They were on her last year. I liked the Golden Princess a lot and this is supposed to be a sister ship.

Once we are underway and out of Wilma's path, and sigh a collective sigh of relief, we'll really start enjoying our cruise!! Lynne

I just responded on another thread from Chris, about Star. As I said, she was our first and you just never forget that one. We were in A425 a balcony mid-ship right off the elevator banks which worried me a little, not a problem at all. We sailed Star in September '03 so she was like brand new and I would be willing to bet the farm she looks just the same today. We since have sailed Sapphire and if you care to take a look, click on the web shots link in my signature and check out some of the pics, they are sister ships and pretty much alike. There is one great shot of Star in Skagway (this was before we went digital).

We loved "Anytime Dining", the food was great, the cold soups, appetizers and desserts are very, very good. We ate like pigs, slept like rocks, and had a great time.

Princess pools are open 24/7, the in-room entertainment (movies on TV) is outstanding, well I guess you can tell, we enjoyed ourselves. I hope you have a great time.

Been on the Star twice. Great ship.

Favorite things: Tequila Steakhouse with Douw.

Appletinis in the Promenade Bar

Terrace Pool

Quiet times up on Sun Deck near Oasis Bar

Views from Skywalkers

Maitre D Mario Propato has an awesome Dining Staff. To me one of the best in the fleet. Excellent food.

Least favorite: Disembarkation :(

I think the Star is well kept and clean.

Bon Voyage & Enjoy your cruise.

Archived