Havana Cabana Suite 5233

LisaH

All, I have gotten a little bit of info but nothing real specific about this cabin. I asked John Heald on his FB page about the noise from the Havana Bar band at night. He said that a few cabins were not happy and they were accommodated (not sure what that means). He said the band played until 12:30 a.m.

He said our cabin is one of the best (of course he wouldn't say it sucked, right?). LOL! The fact that we do not actually share a wall with the Havana Bar should help and it appears there is a hallway as well. John also said that the cabin doors on the Vista do not have the vents in them so that will also help with any noise. I think our cabin would be fine. Someone who had 5214 said since they shared a wall they could hear the music but it did not bother them.

I would love to see a pic of how our cabin (5233) is situated with the Havana Bar. Anyone have any info that has actually been in or near these cabins? We are really excited and I am not anticipating an issue. We cruise in 2/17.

John Heald did a video on cabin 5233. It is on that other site called face book.

Thank you so much for this. The cabin is amazing...but still wondering about the music. I cannot wait to hang out on the patio.

JH did say in an early video that the cabins on the Vista have the best sound proofing of any other ship in the fleet. He also said they the Havana cabins have even better sound proofing. Also, the cabin doors do not have the gap on the bottom like the other ships, so that will help block out some noise.

We are booked in a Havana Cabana, but no amount of noise will hold us back from having fun. The music will just keep me going!

My opinion is that with the hallway insulating the cabin there should be limited noise. When is your trip ????

February 2017 and we can't wait for this new experience! The thought of reserved loungers, people watching from our patio is just awesome.

Edited by LisaH

JH did say in an early video that the cabins on the Vista have the best sound proofing of any other ship in the fleet. He also said they the Havana cabins have even better sound proofing. Also, the cabin doors do not have the gap on the bottom like the other ships, so that will help block out some noise.

We are booked in a Havana Cabana, but no amount of noise will hold us back from having fun. The music will just keep me going!

I agree with the fun part! I am just a early to bed and light sleeper but I think it will be fabulous!

Lisa, I'll be in 5233 on the October 1 Med cruise. Hopefully we'll hear from others long before I sail, but I'm not too concerned about noise. I too am an early-to-bed person (especially with such a port-intensive cruise), but I think everything will be fine. I'm thinking the hallway will provide plenty of buffer against any noise (plus the fact that your bathroom will provide even more buffer between your bed and the hallway).

Hopefully we'll hear from others long before I sail, but I'm not too concerned about noise. .

I'll be a board in August and will let you know about the noise levels. Were probably neighbors right now.

Lisa, I'll be in 5233 on the October 1 Med cruise. Hopefully we'll hear from others long before I sail, but I'm not too concerned about noise. I too am an early-to-bed person (especially with such a port-intensive cruise), but I think everything will be fine. I'm thinking the hallway will provide plenty of buffer against any noise (plus the fact that your bathroom will provide even more buffer between your bed and the hallway).

I think you are right. I feel better about it at this pount. Can't wait to hear what you think.

• 4 weeks later...