Baltimore Gangway Repair Schedule?

rpettus

6 - 9 months is what I heard. They're probably having to build a new bridge section in Spain, ship it to the port and then make repairs and install the new section. I'm sure they don't have spares just laying around for something like this.

Does anyone have any idea how long before the gangway at Baltimore will be replaced? If it already has, please accept my apology.

As we were debarking Pride on May 15, the first cruise with the new embarkation path, (We were waiting to embark on May 8 when the accident occurred.) I asked Steve the CD how long will the crew have to deal with passengers embarking and debarking on Deck A. He told me until next February.

Edited by stargate fan

As we were debarking Pride on May 15, the first cruise with the new embarkation path, (We were waiting to embark on May 8 when the accident occurred.) I asked Steve the CD how long will the crew have to deal with passengers embarking and debarking on Deck A. He told me until next February.

It looks as though it will be fully repaired by the time our trip comes about. :)

But I would assume that embarkation and debarkation on Deck A might be easier for handicapped passengers.:confused:

Edited by rpettus

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise out of Baltimore, the embarkation was quite inefficient, warning when traveling over the summer months plan to get there early if the gangway is not replaced because they have shipping containers that you will wait in line in and I imagine it's gonna get hot! We were lucky and the weather wasn't to hot the day we left out. Took an hour to get parked, only 2 luggage porters to take your luggage! We arrived at 12:00 for a 4:30 departure, I would plan to get there early, we did however get back an hour late due to weather coming back which seemed to create a mess for debarkation ( we were the first ones off at 10:45 am), thank goodness we were platinum (saved us so much time!) Faster to the fun will definitely pay off for summer travelers!!!

Deck A is defiantly slower than the gangway!

We had a great time as always!!! Enjoy your cruise!

• 11 months later...