Juniper Credit Card Issues

love2sale

I was a capital one card holder and was always satisfied with them. I have had this Juniper for over a year now. I had like 33000 points. K so here is the deal, called carnival to reserve two rooms and after all the info giving they told me I had to call sea miles to reserve my rooms and redeem my points. Well I had prices so I called Juniper to reserve my rooms and redeem my points. So with my discount and all. I thought ok got a ok rate. Then another couple wanted to go with us, so I called carnival again to reserve their room. Not to only have the carnival rep laugh at me and tell me that he got them right next door to me and that he got them a better rate. Like 60.00 per person better. Well that didn't set well with me. So I am trying to call back to Juniper to tell them that, that is bull and that I feel like I should be atleast giving a on board credit. Well you know that is not their department. Well after getting transfered like 6 times still couldn't get nothing accomplish. So I am really thinking I am going to shred this card and find another that is better customer service and looks out to give the card holder the better deal with the points. Well if you have a better card out there please let me know what it is. I like the way capital one worked. You would just call and get a code then call carnival and get your room and give them the confo #. Well enough of my grip. :mad:

Boy, if that isn't a slap in the face when you get a better rate without using the points. I've been trying to accumulate as many seamiles points as possible, but seems it may be an exercise in futility. I have been very pleased with their customer service on other issues, however.

I've read good things about the NCL card - but don't know if you can only use it on NCL or not, maybe someone can enlighten us.

Just got the SeaMiles card, so haven't had much chance to see what it will "do"....but what I am getting from what you wrote in is that they dictate a price based on how many points you have to turn in? Now can you GET a price from Carnival or a travel agent beforehand and then once THAT price is set, turn in seamiles and use the "cash equivalent" of these seamiles against the quoted price to lower the total??

OR can you pay for your cruise at the going rate, and use seamiles towards shore tours, sail and sign credit...or simply to help get an upgrade??

In order to use the seamiles for a cruise, do you have to tell them from the get-go when you are making a reservation that you are going to apply seamiles or can you decide sometime during the time you are making the payments that you want to apply some seamiles?

Is there any pamplet or booklet that goes through all the ins and outs of this, or must you rely on the bureacracy of phone operators???:confused:

You Folks should really skip those sea mile cards and switch over to a card that just rebates cash... you know... greenbacks... to spend on whatever you want, when you want, where you want.

I have a two of these cards, I believe by CITI. I get $300 back each year on each card for a totoal of $600. I'm talking them cutting me a check... cash.

The majority of purchases give me 1% back, but may give me 5% back. This is not because I'm a big roller. It is a card they offer to everyone.

Screw those cards with points that are only good at full retail... get one that gives cash back.

Just got the SeaMiles card, so haven't had much chance to see what it will "do"....but what I am getting from what you wrote in is that they dictate a price based on how many points you have to turn in? Now can you GET a price from Carnival or a travel agent beforehand and then once THAT price is set, turn in seamiles and use the "cash equivalent" of these seamiles against the quoted price to lower the total??

OR can you pay for your cruise at the going rate, and use seamiles towards shore tours, sail and sign credit...or simply to help get an upgrade??

In order to use the seamiles for a cruise, do you have to tell them from the get-go when you are making a reservation that you are going to apply seamiles or can you decide sometime during the time you are making the payments that you want to apply some seamiles?

Is there any pamplet or booklet that goes through all the ins and outs of this, or must you rely on the bureacracy of phone operators???:confused:

You have to book through Seamiles. You have to reach a certain point total before you can access information from their website. I'm wishing I'd never gotten it.

Big Member - Is there an annual fee with your cards?

No fee. I never get a card with a fee. The interest rate is Prime plus 6 or 7 I think. I always pay it off so I don't know what it is.

I charge everything. I think you get 5% back on purchases of groceries, gas, and... something else... can't remember.

I get a small amount of cash back on Discover, like $100 each year. Not as good of a deal, however. We use Discover because we shop at a store that only takes that card.

You Folks should really skip those sea mile cards and switch over to a card that just rebates cash... you know... greenbacks... to spend on whatever you want, when you want, where you want.

I have a two of these cards, I believe by CITI. I get $300 back each year on each card for a totoal of $600. I'm talking them cutting me a check... cash.

The majority of purchases give me 1% back, but may give me 5% back. This is not because I'm a big roller. It is a card they offer to everyone.

Screw those cards with points that are only good at full retail... get one that gives cash back.

But we earned $1300 in cruise points in THREE MONTHS with our two Icruise points before they reduced the point awards. You can't beat that kind of reward. We have 5 people booked in two cabins on the Sensation next December and we're only about $800 out of pocket for the whole thing. We're trying Seamiles - I'll put 90,000 points or so on it, see what we get, and then go from there. I find that these cards generally end up with better than the 1% return I get with most cash back cards. That being said, I REALLY miss the Capital One card. We earned about $3800 in cruise rebates with is, and we will definitely miss getting those great discounts. Our upcoming Conquest cruise only cost $1100 for 4 of us on the Spa Deck after redeeming our final $1000 certificate.

Icruise, but they changed their redemption levels a few months ago - we used up our points the week before they changed the rules. We're now using Seamiles, but I'm not convinced we're going to get anywhere near as good a deal with them as we've gotten with other reward cards.

I have the Seamiles card and I have over 100,000 points so far.I have tried to use the points,but it is hard.The card is a good deal only if you can travel off season and don't really care what ship.The only good deal is the free cruises.The discounts can only be a $500 max off a cruise for 50,000 points.That is it for max off$$. The free cruises are off season on older CCL ships it seems.There is no onboard credit available and you must book thru seamiles.

I too have the icruise and I too booked prior to a reduction in the rewards.I also have the NCL card and it works similar to the old cap1 card.I have an NCL cruise booked already and I am getting $1000 off using points.

The best deal IMHO is Seamiles for a free cruise if you are flexible.

NCL next for $$$ off any NCL cruise

Icruise is now worse than Seamiles.

Steve

Archived