BEWARE Pearl Seas cruise to Cuba

swells5502

A HUGE difference for Fathom is that they are registered through the UK, and folks from the UK have been able to go to Cuba all along. The only difference now is that US citizens can legally travel through UK and/or Canadian lines. I know folks have circumvented this to travel through Canada for example.) This is a totally different process as Fathom did/does NOT have to wait for permission to go to Cuba while governmental issues are dealt with like US companies have to. BIG difference.

As required, Pearl Seas cruises must get US and Cuban permission to use their ships to travel to Cuba AND they still are meeting the People-to-People type tour requirements. Then, of course there is the possibility of US policy changes with the new administration as others have mentioned.

I did note in the news that the morning after our elections, Cuba announced early December war games/exercises the first week in December. They were, per the news interview, to prepare for and "invasion" by foreign powers. While no specific country was mentioned, who else would they be except for the US? Now, I am NOT suggesting we would invade them, but to me it does say something about the thinking of Cuban powers about our new administration to be.

• 1 month later...

$17,000 for 2 people? No research (or not much from reading these stories), no reviews from others ahead of time (seems strange that there were no warnings/reviews), no paperwork to confirm cruise or cruise contract to read, do deposit confirm, requiring full balance suddenly...

Many red flags from the get go, who spends this type of money and has no back up paperwork, what about travel insurance, did anyone have it and did it pay (from an outside source and not through the cruiseline in question)? I am blown away by the amount of people that fell for this scam and did not do their homework or did it and signed on anyway...:confused: