Anyone been to Coco Cay lately?

vberg3

Doing the Majesty of the Seas again on Nov 18 and I was interested in finding out how things have fared because of the storms in the past year. Wasn't able to get to the island on the last two MOS trips.:mad: Would love to hear some feedback and tips from some folks that have visited recently.

Thanks.:D

We were at CoCo Cay last week. The island was beautiful all of the stuff was back in place. The Aqua Park stuff was there etc... but I don't know what it will be like once Wilma goes through that area. Even though it is not supposed to hit the Bahamas I'm sure there will be beach erosion etc just from the seas.

How about the Jellyfish. Have they been bad lately. I like going around to the far side of the island for the snorkeling. Do they seem to congregate with the large schools of fish at the where everyone goes?

came back from Cococay last week and the kids area was closed due to jelly fish. A few on the ship were stung by jellyfish. They are supposed to be out of season end Oct early Nov. We did the kayaking and it was fabulous. I was hoping not to tip as to not become jellyfish food.. we did fine and no one in our group tipped.

We were there earlier this month and it looked great to us. We didn't have any problems with jellyfish and there were plenty of chairs on the beach for everyone. We tried to walk around the whole island on the beach but walked to a dead end with a no tresspassing sign.

It was a great beach day with wonderful weather.

we were there this past Tues., it was great! There were people that said there were a few jellyfish. A storm came up and everyone took cover. It rained for about 30 minutes, then everything was ok. CocoCay looks great.

Kay

Bahamas have Topical Storm warning with ALPHA headed their way (the historic storm with the first time greek alphabet used)

We were at CoCo Cay last week. The island was beautiful all of the stuff was back in place. The Aqua Park stuff was there etc... but I don't know what it will be like once Wilma goes through that area. Even though it is not supposed to hit the Bahamas I'm sure there will be beach erosion etc just from the seas.

Archived