Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruise Video 5/13/2016

Hello All and Welcome to the Review of our Family Cruise on Oasis of the Seas May 13 2016 for the Western Caribbean route. Rather than a standard picture trip report I wanted to share our cruise video.

We made the usual stops in Labadee Haiti, Falmouth Jamaica and Cozumel Mexico.

Our Cruise Party consisted of 4 families totaling 12 people ages 20 months to 78 years old. Staying in D1 Category Balconies on Deck 6.

Rather than breakdown every day and moment I wanted to share some general thoughts and insights plus the cruise video I put together afterwards. This was our second time on Oasis and it continues to deliver a fantastic cruise experience.

Besides the fabulous amenities on the ship some of the other highlights include snorkeling in Cozumel with ChiChi Charters and playing in the beautiful waters of Cielo (heaven) honestly one of the most breathtaking places I have seen in the Caribbean.

[YOUTUBE]MFzIvV7gjYI[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you for enjoying it.

One other interesting note about this cruise was after speaking with the staff many tenured employees had relocated to Harmony for its launch and there were many new/first contract staff on this cruise.

Thanks for sharing that great video. What a great memoire of your cruise!

Was the reef in Cozumel really that vibrant in color as the video showed? Or, was any adjustments made after the fact. Either way...BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks for sharing that great video. What a great memoire of your cruise!

Was the reef in Cozumel really that vibrant in color as the video showed? Or, was any adjustments made after the fact. Either way...BEAUTIFUL!

This is a great question. Simple answer Yes that reef in Cozumel is that vibrant. Now the more technical answer. I use a dive filter (Red) on my GoPro. The filter eliminates the blueing effect of the water, without the filter everything about 5 feet or deeper starts to blue out. Meaning the blue water over powers all of the other colors. Therefore the filter shows you more natural coloration. I also use a magenta lens dive mask for this same reason, it makes a world of difference in seeing the true colors of the fish and coral.

Here is last years video at the same coral without the filter. The difference is night and day.

The only post editing I do is brightening and exposure, I try to do as little color adjustments as possible.

Sorry for the big long explanation and I hope it makes sense