Does anyone know the Airlines that Royal Caribbean uses

marcyjane

Just wondering if anyone knew which airlines that Royal Caribbean uses if you book air with them.

Thinking about Alaska out of Seattle in May 2006.

Thanks,

Marcyjane

Usually whatever airline has cheap airfares that day. If you book with them, there is a good chance you will have to get up very early (as in catching the first flight out if the airport.) You will save money by booking it yourself.

Thanks Steve,

We will have to leave early either way, and I try to book airline myself, but on this cruise if we get it booked, we will have to fly in the day of the cruise due to vacation time.

I usually fly in the day before just in case of any problems, but like I said due to vaction time we will have to fly the day of the cruise this time.

:) Marcyjane

Which airline they put you on will depend on a lot of factors, such as where you live? They have contracts with all the legacy carriers, so you know you won't be put on any of the discounters like Southwest or JetBlue.

They'll put you on whatever airline has available seats at their contract fares from your airport at the time they book which is generally 30 to 60 days out. I know from my area it is generally Delta or American, but that is probably because of available flight times from my area.

If you want a particular airline, or flight, you can pay a $50 custom air fee and choose your own flights.

Maybe it was because we were flying from NYC, or that it was President's week, but we were booked on a Charter Flight with Tower air. Everyone was sailing one of 2 RCI ships leaving Miami. The flight cost was almost double what I would have paid had I not booked somewhat late but since it was a holiday everything was pretty much oversold already leaving us few options. While the crew was nice and the actual flight uneventful, check in, boarding, and getting luggage in Miami was a disaster. We were delayed both directions about 1.5 hours or more (one excuse was that they were loading luggage about an hour after our scheduled take off). We arrived in terminal A, luggage was at Terminal C.. that kind of stuff. I now book my own airfare and do travel the day before sailing.

RCCL has put us with American, Delta, and Continental. They have us flying out on Continental and coming home on Delta.

I have used their air several times and they have always used the same 3 airlines for us. We have also had to use two different airlines for the same trip. It was fine and we had no problems.

I still think you can do better on your own. That way, you can control what flights you are taking, where your departure airport is and how many connections you may have to have. You may also be able to choose your seats ahead of time. Our only cruise/air package had us all sitting with strangers, even my young children.

Is there a red-eye or very early flight you can choose? I'm not a big fan of either, but I would hate to miss a cruise because of flight delay the day of the cruise. Also, if you can find a non-stop or direct flight, you can ease the pressure a bit on travel day.

Please realize the ship will not wait for you even if you have cruise air. They will only wait for a short delay and then only if there are a number of cruise pax on the flight. Purchasing cruise air only means they will assist you getting to the next port of call. You can do that yourself with a cell phone, airline phone numbers and a good travel insurance policy. I might add, buy your travel insurance through a third party, too.

If you cruise during hurricane season, I would pay the extra money to the cruise line and have them take care of things in case the ship comes in late. If you book your own air and the ship comes in the next day so you miss your flight, it will be a very expensive trip home.

If you cruise during hurricane season, I would pay the extra money to the cruise line and have them take care of things in case the ship comes in late. If you book your own air and the ship comes in the next day so you miss your flight, it will be a very expensive trip home.

Not if you purchase travel insurance :) . When is hurricane season in Seattle?

Archived