What happens if NCL cancels a cruise?

SUNFUN2324

If is a huge word containing just two letters.

I'll guarantee you that NCL will not cancel a cruise unless the ship is fully incapacitated. Otherwise, they'll just change the itinerary, possibly leaving up to a few days late and/or dropping ports, so that the ship will get back in time for the next cruise.

I believe the Sun is scheduled for a Western Carib itinerary. If the storm presents a serious problem, NCL could reroute the ship for an Eastern Carib itinerary. It's highly unlikely that NCL would cancel the entire cruise. Your best bet is to continue to monitor the updates on NCL's web site. In addition, calling your TA or NCL directy might not be a bad idea.

Thanks Johnql...

I think that we'll end up in Brownsville, TX......The hurricane seems to be going anywhere that we could go for an alternate. Except all the areas that had already been hit, and now we can't go there.....Thanks

You could end up with a seven day cruise to no where. :D

Jamica, Grand Caymans, Cosumel, Playa and Cancun have been hit dead on by Wilma. Progresso were also hit, but not dead on. Key West is a potential target.

That still leaves Roatan, Belize open for the cruise business. It's possible the new Guatemala Island port could be substituted. :)

SUNFUN2324, here's the current announcement that's posted on NCL's web site. It doesn't have a timestamp, so I don't know if it's news to you. Obviously, it's also subject to late-breaking developments in the storm track.

Norwegian Sun (October 23 sailing out of Houston) will spend two days at sea, then call into Belize on Wednesday and Roatan, Honduras on Thursday as scheduled. Subject to Hurricane Wilma having moved well away from the Yucatan Peninsula as predicted by Monday or Tuesday, Norwegian Sun will then call into Cozumel, Mexico on Friday if the port is open for cruise passengers. The ship will return to the Port of Houston on Sunday.

Archived