Info Please on Beaumont, Winnie Texas

I will be driving down through Beaumont and Winnie Texas to get to Galveston on Nov 12-05. Can anyone tell me if the roads are clear that way? I really do not want to have to go to Houston to get there. I live in Arkansas and I need this info to make plans, I know someone here lives in that area or have hear from someone who lives there. Thanks Happy Crusing. I wonder where we will go since Cozumel has been hit. Sharon

I will be driving down through Beaumont and Winnie Texas to get to Galveston on Nov 12-05. Can anyone tell me if the roads are clear that way? I really do not want to have to go to Houston to get there. I live in Arkansas and I need this info to make plans, I know someone here lives in that area or have hear from someone who lives there. Thanks Happy Crusing. I wonder where we will go since Cozumel has been hit. Sharon

The roads are totally clear. We live in Beaumont and the highway from here to Galveston thru Winnie in wide open and the ferry to Galveston is running. Are you sailing out on 11/13???

Yes and thank you so much for your reply. We are sailing out on Sunday Nov 13th-05 I really don't know what ports we will stop at now. I am looking forward to it, everyone said are you crazy I told them if I can get on the ship I will be ok. Thanks again. Sharon

The roads are also paved all the way!...another suggestion as you will take longer to drive through high island and take the ferry it would be much faster stying on I-10 untill Baytown and going HWY 146 south to Galveston

Archived