Carnival Conquest June 9, 2016

ahillig1

Hello all!

We're back from our 4 day cruise to the Bahamas aboard the Conquest. We had an absolute blast! This was our honeymoon cruise, albeit 2 years late, and I couldn't have asked for a better trip!

Travel Day

We left for Ft. Lauderdale the day before because all the flights the day of that fit our budget were cutting it way to close. Being in the far northern suburbs of Chicago we have the glorious option of flying out of 3 airport and this time Milwaukee fit the bill. Security was a breeze, done in under 5 mins, being TSA pre-checked didn't matter because security lines were nonexistent when we arrived.

We got to see the Milwaukee Brewers Sausages boarding a plane and what a riot that was to watch!

ddp7v5.jpg

Our flight into Ft. Lauderdale was uneventful, it started getting cloudy the closer we got. Our pilot said we flew over Freeport on our approach but we couldn't see it. I also spotted a couple cruise ships between the clouds and one was a Carnival ship. I couldn't get a pic of it quickly enough before we passed it.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and it wasn't awful but it was great either, we took the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and the driver Margaret was friendly and not a crazy driver like a lot of shuttle drivers can be which was a nice change. We had a king size room and we were on the 5th floor. Our view was spectacular. I hope y'all can handle that view.

11haw06.jpg

We faced a stunning concrete wall, gotta tell you one of the best I've ever seen. :p

Anyways, our room was your standard hotel room, there was a small fridge, a desk that rolled out from under the entertainment center/dresser/fridge/tv stand.

2ush9vp.jpg

332xxmx.jpg

After getting settled we went for dinner. We didn't want a national chain and preferred something local or a regional chain. I wanted burgers so we ended up at Shula Burger which was right across the street. I had the French Onion burger and it was very delicious. The Ace Pineapple Cider on the other hand was WAY too sweet to drink alone, thankfully the burger cut down down on the sweetness of it but I don't think I'll get another one of those. For the 2 of us we spent just over $30, which was ridiculous for essentially fast food. We each got a burger, he got fries and I got onion rings, we each also got a beer so that upped the total.

1zmz7g5.jpg

• 5 weeks later...