Message for Lady Ann Marquise

PS they on take Kuna in most of the shops.

Thank you that sounds just the type of place we like, a seat with a view.

I have just started to look at Venice or more specifically getting from the port into the city. There seems to be several options but it seems to me the simplest and cheapest is to walk to the people mover, which takes you to the vap dock for 1.5 euro and from there you can buy a daily ticket 16 euro and hop and hop off the vap to your hearts content but I need to double check this info as most of the sites I looked at send you to the blue line but then you need a different ticket for the grand canal so more complicated and much more expensive. Then I am sure that Thomson will have their own option to get us into the city. We haven't been to venice since 1990 so very excited to be going back.

Well its bedtime no more research tonight.

Thanks again.

Thank you that sounds just the type of place we like, a seat with a view.

I have just started to look at Venice or more specifically getting from the port into the city. There seems to be several options but it seems to me the simplest and cheapest is to walk to the people mover, which takes you to the vap dock for 1.5 euro and from there you can buy a daily ticket 16 euro and hop and hop off the vap to your hearts content but I need to double check this info as most of the sites I looked at send you to the blue line but then you need a different ticket for the grand canal so more complicated and much more expensive. Then I am sure that Thomson will have their own option to get us into the city. We haven't been to venice since 1990 so very excited to be going back.

Well its bedtime no more research tonight.

Thanks again.

Its about a 20min walk from the ship to the water taxis I would say go early because of the queues, or you can walk or catch the monorail into the Piazzale Roma we did last year but Mrs PC said not again its a long way and can be very hot;) we are either doing the easy Venice or Venice on your own with no worries about waiting for transport:)

Its about a 20min walk from the ship to the water taxis I would say go early because of the queues, or you can walk or catch the monorail into the Piazzale Roma we did last year but Mrs PC said not again its a long way and can be very hot;) we are either doing the easy Venice or Venice on your own with no worries about waiting for transport:)

Hi

I looked at both of those and they do have some appeal but we like the flexibility of a DIY option.

You said its about 20 mins to the Alilaguna Blue public ferry and a longer walk to the monorail - could you get a taxi to the monorail do you know? Sorry rushing as usual, off out.

Kindest regards LAM

Sorry no we just walked out of the terminal & the water taxis and monorail, people Carrier were about the same distance from what I can recall, for us it was a good 20mins but we are oldie's it did not seem that much further into the Roma square but as I say it was for Mrs PC and it was hot with no shade. Good luck with whatever you decide but don't miss the sail in/out😁

Just read this thread, I hadn't realised the itinary has been changed. I didn't get etickets but came by post I didn't check all dates/times.

Looks like we are on same cruise so will check my tickets. Really looking forward to cruise, cruised before but not this one and not on celebration. :)

Sorry no we just walked out of the terminal & the water taxis and monorail, people Carrier were about the same distance from what I can recall, for us it was a good 20mins but we are oldie's it did not seem that much further into the Roma square but as I say it was for Mrs PC and it was hot with no shade. Good luck with whatever you decide but don't miss the sail in/out😁

Hi thanks for that if its a 20 min stroll that isn't beyond us but a 20 min fast hike well the be a different matter.

It seems you can get a taxi from the port but not to the people mover - I found this info: Marittima is only a couple of minutes from the Piazzale Roma by taxi. A free shuttle bus normally runs on Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays during the cruise season to Piazzale Roma. So a taxi or shuttle then a vape into the city looks like it is the way forward for us.

Just over two weeks to go til the start of our cruise:):):)

Hope it all works out for you please report on your return. Just one other point, which you may already know, your luggage will be bonded at your UK airport and you will not see it again until on board, you don't have to collect it at Dubrovnik, great, same on your return.

Hope it all works out for you please report on your return. Just one other point, which you may already know, your luggage will be bonded at your UK airport and you will not see it again until on board, you don't have to collect it at Dubrovnik, great, same on your return.

Thanks, yep its one of the great joys of booking this type of cruise. Just need to mind essentials in hand luggage. Sun lotion hats etc.

Hadn't realised the luggage was bonded, thats great news.

Rick.

Just one thing you have to remember is that on you return:eek:sorry to bring that up, you will not be able to access your luggage once it has gone from your cabin, everything has to go in hand luggage for your return.

We always take a change of clothes in our hand luggage on the way out just in case:rolleyes:

Just one thing you have to remember is that on you return:eek:sorry to bring that up, you will not be able to access your luggage once it has gone from your cabin, everything has to go in hand luggage for your return.

We always take a change of clothes in our hand luggage on the way out just in case:rolleyes:

Yuk, trying not to think about that but yes cases outside the cabin by midnight. Are Thomson quite strick with hand luggage weight?

Yep a good plan, we always do the same thankfully, as one year we landed in Singapore but our luggage didn't.:eek:

On a different note do Thomson allow you to buy booze onboard for use in the cabin? We aren't big drinkers so didn't go for the booze package but we do like a wee drink in the cabin pre dinner. :)

Its actually 2am for you cases, hand luggage can go either way but you do have 7kg, they stopped us once and said we could only take 5kg but the rep sorted it for us, we did have paperwork to prove it. Drink has always been OK to take on, I have in the past asked and it was allowed. You may have to buy it in Dubrovnik as they may not sell it onboard depending on the poc. Shops in the dock area.

Its actually 2am for you cases, hand luggage can go either way but you do have 7kg, they stopped us once and said we could only take 5kg but the rep sorted it for us, we did have paperwork to prove it. Drink has always been OK to take on, I have in the past asked and it was allowed. You may have to buy it in Dubrovnik as they may not sell it onboard depending on the poc. Shops in the dock area.

Will double check our paperwork re hand luggage weight as 7 Kg would be really good.

Ah, the 2am deadline for luggage won't matter too much to us we will hopefully be in dreamland long before then ;)

Good news about being able to take a bottle of wine etc onboard.

Our agent asked TOM what time our safety check would be but the reply was between 6pm and 8pm so it wasn't very enlightening. Will just have to wait and see if its possible to fit in the 2 hour sight seeing bus tour of Dubrovnik or not. If not it will give us something to do next time ;)

Still got to decide what to do in Durres but on first glance its not the most exciting looking port of call (some reviews advise not to bother going ashore but that seem a bit silly to me :rolleyes:) Excursions seem very expensive but as its the last day it might be nice just to chill around the town and port area...

Discover ancient Durres with its modern new resort coastline. Visit the Archaeological Museum on the waterfront for an impressive historical overview. Then explore the remains of the public baths, the aqueduct and the largest Roman amphitheatre in the Balkans dating back to the 7th Century. Ahmet Zogu’s Villa, perched atop the Durres hill, offers splendid views of the Adriatic. Stroll along the waterfront and enjoy a snack of fresh figs and olives, or a coffee at one of the seaside cafés. Browse the palm tree lined shopping district for handcrafted wooden boxes, fanciful woolen socks and the fine local Skenderbeu Brandy in this emerging Albanian port.

Love fresh figs and brandy idea but may give the olives a miss and who doesn't want a pair of fanciful socks - make great Christmas presents :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Happy cruising

All sounds good to me but I will have your feed back on my new ports:rolleyes: difficult to believe early to bed on a cruise:eek:you can rest when you get home. Your hand luggage! if you look in the Thomson brochure A-Z guide page 248 under 'On Thomson Airways' it clearly states 7kg:) just copy it and take along just in case.

Dubrovnik as I said, a long while ago, last time we docked early afternoon on the last day so you would have time then to go in but I would recommend a taxi not bus because of the queues,

9 weeks for us:(

Just looked at page 248 and underlined the 7 kg of hand luggage and copied Regards hold luggage it seems to say we can have up 23kg in one piece of hold luggage but no restrictions on how many pieces!?! Not that it matters for a week as with 23kg plus 7kg that's 5kg more than I thought - magic.:):):):) Thank you for that info and advice.

We are due to dock at 5am on the last day but our flights home are at 11.15am so....

Our flight is due into Dubrovnik at 10.15am so I am hoping we should manage to get on board - grab a light lunch and get out by 1.30/2pm. So as you say a taxi is the best option. Even if we have to be back for 6pm we will still have at least 3hrs, which will give us an over view - next time we will make sure Dubrovnik is a port of call not the embarkation port.

Sorry to put a dampener on things but if you haven't paid for extra hold luggage you have 20kg the 23kg limit is for elf & safety😉 it's costs about £20 for 5kg extra which you can share, you do get 23kg if flying premium to Caribbean 😗

Ah, that will learn me to read things correctly... still happy about the extra 2kg

• 2 weeks later...
All sounds good to me but I will have your feed back on my new ports:rolleyes: difficult to believe early to bed on a cruise:eek:you can rest when you get home. Your hand luggage! if you look in the Thomson brochure A-Z guide page 248 under 'On Thomson Airways' it clearly states 7kg:) just copy it and take along just in case.

Dubrovnik as I said, a long while ago, last time we docked early afternoon on the last day so you would have time then to go in but I would recommend a taxi not bus because of the queues,

9 weeks for us:(

Hi PC and Rick

Are you ready Rick - its nearly time for the off. :) We certainly will not be sad to escape this rain - although the weather looks good by the weekend here - Ah well!!

The cases are nearly all packed and well within weight allowance - we invested in IT cases only 2.5KG makes a big difference.

PC I will get back to you re the new ports when we get home but incase I forget you can email me at Ladyannmarquis@gmail.com to remind me.

Happy cruising :)

Yes only 2 more working days to go.

Even if it does brighten up here I know where I'd rather be.

Not started the packing yet, Pauline says she will do it on Wednesday.

She'll probably be pestering me, asking what I want taking, after all these years you'd think he'd learn to mind read wouldn't you?

We are on the early flight from Manchester (5.20) and land at 9.15, so we should have plenty of time for a good look around Dubrovnik and a stroll around the wall.

Rick.

She'll probably be pestering me, asking what I want taking, after all these years you'd think he'd learn to mind read wouldn't you?

We are on the early flight from Manchester (5.20) and land at 9.15, so we should have plenty of time for a good look around Dubrovnik and a stroll around the wall.

Rick.

Hi looking at this one for 20th oct so let us know how you find it have a good cruise and a safe one

Rick.

We are on the 6am from Glasgow so will be about an hour later than you arriving in Dubrovnik - hopefully we will be able to fit in a fair amount of sight seeing (if we can stay awake that is;)

Such a failing on her part not knowing exactly what you will want and not want with you!!! To be honest I am no better as we have the same problem here - my telepathy skills are crap!

If we don't bump into one another have a great time.:)