If you could name a new Carnival ship . . .

crusie

I read on another site that there was a contest when Carnival Destiny was named, but it doesn't indicate if it was for TA's only or the general public. Has any cruise line had such a contest in recent years? It would be amazing to have a chance to name a new ship and perhaps get a free inaugural cruise as the first prize.:D

So, while it has probably been done to death somewhere (I searched with no luck), if you could name a new Carnival ship what would it be, and what theme would you choose for the design? I had a difficult time coming up with anything I liked that was original -- it seems that competing cruise lines frequently have similar names (e.g., I found three "spirits"). I settled on Carnival Marvel with a theme of world wonders, but I wasn't thrilled with it. I look forward to hearing everyone's creative ideas!!!:)

One of the CDs on Ecstasy had mentioned that joining Elation, Sensation, Inspiration et all would be Constipation but apparently they were having problems getting it out.

My apologies to the forum. I'm just quoting him.

How funny! :).. I really think the Escape is a good name!

Hey but don’t they have a Carnival Freedom coming up? Well the only thing about naming a Carnival ship the Voyager then Royal Caribbean would be blaming Carnival for stealing their name from one of their ships! I think that’s just crazy! Hehe

I was just thinking of Escape too! Or how about the Majestic, Voyager, or Freedom?

The Carnival Freedom will be sailing in early 2007... some that might fit in with the "americana" Glory, Conquest, Valor, Victory, Pride, Truimph, Liberty, Freedom, etc them would be:

Jubilation

Majesty

Wonder

Independence....

yadda yadda yadda...

One of the CDs on Ecstasy had mentioned that joining Elation, Sensation, Inspiration et all would be Constipation but apparently they were having problems getting it out.

Perhaps that explains the prunes\chocolate cake dessert on the new menus??? :p

That aside, I love all of the (other) suggestions. I really like Dream and Escape!

Archived