Splendor 8 night Southern Caribbean 6/18-26

Trumpetplyr

Just got off of the Splendor on Sunday. Had an amazing time.

Not going to do a play by play review, but will share some thoughts.

The staff was fabulous. We were in 9207 balcony, my parents were in 9205 directly next to us and my kids were in 2221. The kids are 23, 19 and 15 yr old twins. On paper my hubby was in the kids room and the 19 yr old w me due to Carnival restrictions however in actuality hubby was w me in and all 4 kids were together. Yes I know against the rules. The stewards were well aware of what we were doing. We were in the kids room multiple times a day and kept a close eye on them. They were definitely not out of control at any point. I am an extremely strict mama with very high behavioral expectations.

Rudy was our steward on deck 9. The room was spotless at all times. He was on top of the one maintenance issue there was and called it in even before we were aware of it. He offered to service 1x or 2x a day. We chose 2x.

Imade was the steward for deck 2 and also did a great job. He asked if we wanted morning or evening and didn't offer both. We selected evening.

We played trivia several times winning 2x (80's music trivia and Ghostbusters) My son won on in club O2 for screaming the loudest. Both boys seemed to enjoy O2. Scott interacted well with them. There didn't appear to be a lot of organized activities that happened. They were scheduled, but the kids didn't seem to be in to them. They all just wanted to hang out and play video games.

We enjoyed all of the comedians, but especially Roman. The 2 comedians on the last 2 nights repeated their material so seeing them once was enough.

I generally love the Piano Bar, but not so much on this ship.

I like both of the single guitar musicians Lucas and Ron. They both did a very nice job. Run for Cover was pretty good as well.

My favorite place to eat was the the deli for the great Panini's. That was an amazing afternoon snack.

I was not impressed with the chocolate extravaganza. Most of the items just weren't good. And the chocolate pudding was gross.

The steak house was amazing. Definitely worth the $$$.

Room service portions were small. Definitely order 2 portions per person for breakfast. I so miss waking up to tea and toast in bed.

Grand Turk: We did the Sting ray excursion. It was nice. Probably saw 20 or so stingrays of various sizes. Bring cash to buy the CD of pictures. The snorkaling is from the beach at Gibs Cay. No reefs, just a sandy beach. You will see some fish but nothing exciting.

LaRomana: We did the dune buggy excursion. Loved it but driving through the villages was sad. We brought candy to throw to the children who come running out to see you. I never felt unsafe and the tour operators are very attentive and helpful. They offer you the opportunity to try local fruits for free and to by reasonably priced crafts. The port area is touristy, but I think their community is very dependant and truly needs the $ the cruise industry brings. I felt very welcomed there. The workers come down and do a song as you sail away.

To be continued...

The kids are 23, 19 and 15 yr old twins. On paper my hubby was in the kids room and the 19 yr old w me due to Carnival restrictions however in actuality hubby was w me in and all 4 kids were together. Yes I know against the rules. The stewards were well aware of what we were doing

I don't see that as against the rules (I now technically it is). You're allowed to book the younger ones up to three staterooms away. So swapping rooms and putting them on another deck with the older guys is solid to me! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Just got off of the Splendor on Sunday. Had an amazing time.

Not going to do a play by play review, but will share some thoughts.

The staff was fabulous. We were in 9207 balcony, my parents were in 9205 directly next to us and my kids were in 2221. The kids are 23, 19 and 15 yr old twins. On paper my hubby was in the kids room and the 19 yr old w me due to Carnival restrictions however in actuality hubby was w me in and all 4 kids were together. Yes I know against the rules. The stewards were well aware of what we were doing. We were in the kids room multiple times a day and kept a close eye on them. They were definitely not out of control at any point. I am an extremely strict mama with very high behavioral expectations.

Rudy was our steward on deck 9. The room was spotless at all times. He was on top of the one maintenance issue there was and called it in even before we were aware of it. He offered to service 1x or 2x a day. We chose 2x.

Imade was the steward for deck 2 and also did a great job. He asked if we wanted morning or evening and didn't offer both. We selected evening.

We played trivia several times winning 2x (80's music trivia and Ghostbusters) My son won on in club O2 for screaming the loudest. Both boys seemed to enjoy O2. Scott interacted well with them. There didn't appear to be a lot of organized activities that happened. They were scheduled, but the kids didn't seem to be in to them. They all just wanted to hang out and play video games.

We enjoyed all of the comedians, but especially Roman. The 2 comedians on the last 2 nights repeated their material so seeing them once was enough.

I generally love the Piano Bar, but not so much on this ship.

I like both of the single guitar musicians Lucas and Ron. They both did a very nice job. Run for Cover was pretty good as well.

My favorite place to eat was the the deli for the great Panini's. That was an amazing afternoon snack.

I was not impressed with the chocolate extravaganza. Most of the items just weren't good. And the chocolate pudding was gross.

The steak house was amazing. Definitely worth the $$$.

Room service portions were small. Definitely order 2 portions per person for breakfast. I so miss waking up to tea and toast in bed.

Grand Turk: We did the Sting ray excursion. It was nice. Probably saw 20 or so stingrays of various sizes. Bring cash to buy the CD of pictures. The snorkaling is from the beach at Gibs Cay. No reefs, just a sandy beach. You will see some fish but nothing exciting.

LaRomana: We did the dune buggy excursion. Loved it but driving through the villages was sad. We brought candy to throw to the children who come running out to see you. I never felt unsafe and the tour operators are very attentive and helpful. They offer you the opportunity to try local fruits for free and to by reasonably priced crafts. The port area is touristy, but I think their community is very dependant and truly needs the $ the cruise industry brings. I felt very welcomed there. The workers come down and do a song as you sail away.

To be continued...

We are doing this cruise in October and want to book that excursion also, when I look into the excursions they only have one time 9:30 and we don't dock until 9, was it the same on your cruise. Thanks Joann

• 2 weeks later...

I am booked on the Splendor for October 2016, we booked some excursions, the men have an excursion in Aruba for snorkeling. I wanted to know if me and my sister can walk to any sights when we get off the ship. Is there any beaches close to the port.

Thanks so much

Joann

I'll be sailing on the splendor in November. Do you happen to have the fun times?

Do you actually live in South Korea, my son is a teacher in South Korea, he works in Osan and lives in Dongtan.

Joann