Horseback Riding in Jamaica

lucia1024

I was hoping that someone can help me. I am trying to find out what are the best excursions for horseback riding in Jamaica. I went to the Port Site for Jamaica and it doesn't seem to have any current helpful info. I was hoping that someone might have done an excursion like this and had some suggestions on which tours were best. How much? What time did these excursions start? I really wanted to try something different in Jamaica. I have already been to Dunn's River Falls.

I would appreciate any of your suggestions.

Thanks!

You might want to investigate this...Chukka Cove Adventures. We did The Original Canopy Tour through them & we saw the stables/horses. They were a super outfit and the staff were excellent. Not sure but I think that this is who RCCL uses for their excursions.

http://www.chukkacaribbean.com/jamaica/index.html

We are also looking for Horseback riding in Jamaica. I came across this site, http://jamaicacruiseexcursions.com/JamaicaHorsebackRiding.htm which looks like a fun trip. Has anyone out there done this particular excursion?

We have 2 children who want to ride a horse on the beach. I noticed that the minimum age is 5, which works perfect for us :)

Any feedback would be much appreciated, as we are anxious to finalize our plans.

Thank you!!

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was just wondering is there a set time to these excursions? It doesn't seem to show a meeting time for the tour. I wouldn't just want to show up and the tour has left. Do you get more detailed info when you reserve the tour?

Does is a long ride to get to the beach? I am looking to do this from Ocho Rois.

Thanks for you help.

I went ahead and booked this tour with Island Marketing (www.jamaicacruiseexcursions.com ) and will post a review when I get back. So far the service has been very good and the live help feature has been very helpful. The young lady I chatted with was helpful and informative and had done the ride. The pick up time is stated on the confirmation letter that I received. They are meeting us directly at the cruise ship pier at 8:30am. The drive to the beach where the ride takes place is about 45mins. The ride is 2 hours long and includes swiming with your horse. We are going to stop at Island Village on the way back and do a little shopping, maybe try one of Jimmy Buffetts Margaritas.

I wanted to make a reservation with http://www.jamaicacruiseexcursions.com and I can't seem to access the form to confirm the reservation. I was sent a confirmation that there would be enough room for this tour. They have a website to link to in order to give the payment info, but I can't retreive the form. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

Archived