Room Changes

tellmelies

So, we recently booked our first Disney cruise, leaving August 15th, 2016. The ONLY room they had was an inside room. I see now that an ocean view room and a veranda room has opened up. The ocean view is just $50 more, and the veranda is a little over $300 more. My husband thinks we'll be too busy to really take advantage of the veranda. What are y'alls thoughts? Thanks!!

There are four of us on the Dream for four nights. Three adults and one 12 year old boy. We've cruised other lines before, and have spent a lot of time at Nassau, so we plan on staying on the ship that day. We had hoped to get a cabana at Castaway, but they're fully booked, so I was thinking the splurge on the veranda was worth it?

Edited by tellmelies

Is this the Wonder?

Try to get a Deck 2 oceanview.... instead of the twins.... you get something that feels like a balcony. Midship Deck2 is even better.... there's a small bed for a child to sleep in.

Edited by xlxo

Is this the Wonder?

Try to get a Deck 2 oceanview.... instead of the twins.... you get something that feels like a balcony. Midship Deck2 is even better.... there's a small bed for a child to sleep in.

Hi. It's the Dream ship. : )

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this the Wonder?

??????

OP said they are on the Dream. THe difference is that in an inside, there will be a virtual porthole. In an oceanview there will be a porthole. $50 isn't much, but I agree that you won't spend much time in the room. We did a virtual porthole once on the Fantasy just to experience it.

There is no "small bed" on any ship unless a crib is brought in. The couch flips to make a twin bed and a twin bed drops from the ceiling on cabins that sleep 4. I don't have a clue in the quoted post how an oceanview "feels like a balcony."

We've been in virtually every sort of cabin on the DCL ships. OK, the newer ships have some permutations of cabins that we haven't experienced, but we still have the basic oceanview, inside, and balcony experience. Unless you want the virtual porthole, I think you'll prefer the oceanview. Particularly with 4 of you, it will be an improvement.

There are four of us on the Dream for four nights. Three adults and one 12 year old boy. We've cruised other lines before, and have spent a lot of time at Nassau, so we plan on staying on the ship that day. We had hoped to get a cabana at Castaway, but they're fully booked, so I was thinking the splurge on the veranda was worth it?

In my opinion, a veranda is way worth it. There is nothing like ordering room service for breakfast and eating out on your veranda or coming back to your room after an evening's activities and just sitting out there listening to the sea go by. Barring that, the oceanview rooms on the Dream are nice and have huge portholes, which bring in alot of light.

The Dream cruises are short and busy. I can see why your husband thinks you won't have any time to enjoy the balcony. However, how much time would be worth $300 is up to you.

For $50., I'd upgrade to a window.

If it was a 7 day for 300 for the balcony upgrade....i would be all over it. but for a 3 day on the dream and 50 bucks to do window versus inside...no question.

Then I guess you'd consider it even a better deal on the 4 night cruise that OP told us they were doing.

So, I bit the bullet and went with the veranda! I'm looking forward to enjoying my coffee every morning, and finishing the night out with a glass of wine on the balcony. We have older kids, and when I showed them the pictures of the veranda, they pushed for it. So, I feel good about it, and my husband says, "Hey! It's our daughter's big senior trip. She wants a Disney cruise with her family...lets do it!" : )

So, I bit the bullet and went with the veranda! I'm looking forward to enjoying my coffee every morning, and finishing the night out with a glass of wine on the balcony. We have older kids, and when I showed them the pictures of the veranda, they pushed for it. So, I feel good about it, and my husband says, "Hey! It's our daughter's big senior trip. She wants a Disney cruise with her family...lets do it!" : )

You won't regret it...but you might become addicted.

If it was a 7 day for 300 for the balcony upgrade....i would be all over it. but for a 3 day on the dream and 50 bucks to do window versus inside...no question.

It's a 4-day, not a 3-day. Having just completed one two weeks ago, I can tell you we still spent enough time in the room to enjoy our veranda.

You won't regret it...but you might become addicted.

Truer words were never spoken. Our very first cruise was on the Magic in 1998. We first booked an outside stateroom, but at the last minute, I decided to upgrade to a veranda. Have never booked anything less since. I definitely spoils you. Now I got introduced to the bigger verandas on the stern and on deck 5 (on the Fantasy and Dream) and I'm even more spoiled.

We've had all sorts of cabins, but the type of cabin we've booked definitely affects how we cruise.

No balcony=I'll be in the public spaces that are supposed to be adult only, enjoying the open air there.

Balcony = I'll fix a large iced tea and be on my balcony. So I guess we're a lot less sociable when we have a balcony....

the price difference is nothing compared to the enjoyment you get out of a verandah. You may find you wake up early just to enjoy a peaceful morning listening to the sea and sipping a mimosa (you are on vacation). As someone else said, evenings under the stars on your own balcony.....nothing like it. A verandah adds another dimension to your stateroom.