Transfer to Hamburg airport.

Hi, Can anyone tell me how far it is from the port at Hamburg, Germany to the airport? Princess wants $99 for their transfer, is there a better way?

I go to Hamburg a lot due to my job. The taxi or subway system can get you to the airport easily. I would guess that the taxi would be less than 25 or 30 Euro and the train less than 3.

Personally I would highly recommend their train system. It is very efficient and takes you straight to the terminal.

There are two main cruise terminals in Hamburg (Hafen City and Altona) offer convenient connections to the S1 line which is the train that takes you airport.

Other cities could learn a lot from Hamburg .

Check out hvv.de/en and you can create a convenient timetable.

Edited by ltcal94

It has been over 10 years for me, but getting to the airport isn't a big deal at all using public transportation. Princess charge of $99 per person? If you are able bodied and can handle your own luggage on the train, don't even think of paying that rate!

The German train system is easy and always on time.

I go to Hamburg a lot due to my job. The taxi or subway system can get you to the airport easily. I would guess that the taxi would be less than 25 or 30 Euro and the train less than 3.

Personally I would highly recommend their train system. It is very efficient and takes you straight to the terminal.

There are two main cruise terminals in Hamburg (Hafen City and Altona) offer convenient connections to the S1 line which is the train that takes you airport.

Other cities could learn a lot from Hamburg .

Check out hvv.de/en and you can create a convenient timetable.

I will be on the TA also. I want to spend the day in Hamburg since I have never been there. I have a 7:30 am flight the next morning. How long would it take me to go from the city center to the airport or would it be better to stay at the airport and bus into the city. How big is the airport.

Stay in the center you won't regret it. It will take roughly 20 minutes to go from the the area near Gansemarket/ Alster to the airport via taxi. You could also stay near the airport and take the S1 to any of the center stations (Hauptbahnoff, Jungfersteig etc. ) , but I think you will find there is so much to do in the area that it makes more sense to stay there. The airport is fairly big , but very efficient. There are two terminals that interconnect . The security area is in the center area serves both terminals which then leads to a duty free area.

I always stay at the Hamburg Marriott or Renaissance. Pretty much everything is either walking distance from there or a short train ride. In fact from either one , Jungfersteig station is less than 2 blocks which is on the S1 to the airport.

• 9 months later...

We have room for 2 people and their bags from Hamburg cruise port to Frankfurt airport for €75 total for 2 with sightseeing in Hamburg.

We will spend the night in Frankfurt on April 17, 18.

Our flight won't leave till April 19, 2017

Contact Jerry or Laan, room number R529

Thanks

Jerry and Lann.