Breeze or Dream?

bphawk64

Galveston is NOT a dump. Go on Galveston.com to see all it has to offer. Also click on the "connect" tab & then view all webcams. See can see so much of the island & if it's a day when the ships are scheduled you can watch them dock & sailaway!

Thank you! As a born & raised Houstonian I was offended to hear someone say Galveston was a dump. It has its issues but on the most part is a decent place to be. We will be sailing the Breeze in January for the first time. She looks like a beautiful ship. As for the weather in January you just never know. Winter is hit or miss around here. You can be in shorts or all wrapped in coats.

New Orleans last January was freezing 50-60's. To add to the Galveston question, you must factor in expensive transport from Houston-Galveston.

Freezing, I do not think it means what you think it means.

I would love to be in 50 degree weather in January. I would wear flip flops and shorts.

No one should knock the great Joe Farcus, he helped put Carnival on the map. If you want contemporary, generic, hotel decor, then go for Breeze. If you want classic Joe Farcus, then.....

Farcus remains a genius of design, love him or hate him.

And, did you know, he designed the "whale tail" funnel, and more?

Yes, your whale tail came from Farcus, and no one else!

• 3 weeks later...
New Orleans, Galveston is a dump and very expensive to get to.

This comment is very funny! Galveston, like New Orleans is a fairly old city. It is one of those areas where people come to the beach and spend weekends during the summer. You bring the kids, grand parents, pets, etc. Everyone has a good time!

New Orleans is also an interesting city. It is not typically a place to bring kids. You will want to pack your concealed handgun if you plan to venture two blocks outside of the Bourbon Street area. A good idea to bring extra ammo if you do not shoot very good while drunk! This is a fun place if you have no problem with strange men trying to hit on your girlfriend or wife. After all, it is party time in the Big Easy! Not being critical of either place....just be aware of the difference!