Freeport vs Nassau

Cruise_Anne

Hi! My boyfriend and I are cruising on a 5 day with Carnival Elation in January 2017.

We were looking for good places to snorkel out of and are having a hard time deciding. We are stopping in Freeport, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau. We have decided that Half Moon Cay will be a great place to just have a relaxing beach day.

So many people have recommended Blue Hole in Nassau and a few people have recommended Paradise Cove in Freeport.

I was wondering if anyone has done both to compare the two. I really want a good experience for the both of us because this will be his first cruise! Thanks so much!:):D

Paradise Cove is one of my favorite snorkeling spots ANYWHERE. Look it up on Google maps and you get an idea where the reef is. Snorkeling out from shore is very cool. Have seen lots of fish, turtles, etc. there.

We did Dead Man's Reef in Freeport a few years ago. It was Amazing! Lots of colorful fish of all sizes, nice beach with food available, chairs and transportation. We booked on our own thru their website. Very safe and lots of fun. Was $35 a person which included transportation and snorkel gear.

Hi! I used my mom's cruise critic to post this original post... she finally made me get my own ha ha ha!

Thanks so much to those who replied! You have convinced my boyfriend and I to go to Paradise Cove!

Just a couple more questions... Is it better to book online or wait until we get there to pay? We are planning on bringing our own equipment as well.

Also, is it more beneficial to buy the snorkeling package or the beach package and just swim out ourselves? We'd like to see a lot of fish and hopefully a sea turtle! (My boyfriend loves them).

Thanks again for all the help!

Hi! My boyfriend and I are cruising on a 5 day with Carnival Elation in January 2017.

We were looking for good places to snorkel out of and are having a hard time deciding. We are stopping in Freeport, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau. We have decided that Half Moon Cay will be a great place to just have a relaxing beach day.

So many people have recommended Blue Hole in Nassau and a few people have recommended Paradise Cove in Freeport.

I was wondering if anyone has done both to compare the two. I really want a good experience for the both of us because this will be his first cruise! Thanks so much!:):D

What date are you cruising? My cruise is on the Elation as well January 28.