Where to snorkel in St. Thomas & St. Martin w/family?

abitaturbodog

I'll be taking my two boys, ages 8 & 9 on a cruise to St. Thomas & St. Martin next month. We'll only be on the islands for about 10 hours each and we want to go snorkeling.

Where would the best places/beaches to take our family so the boys could see lots of fish?

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated!

I'll be taking my two boys, ages 8 & 9 on a cruise to St. Thomas & St. Martin next month. We'll only be on the islands for about 10 hours each and we want to go snorkeling.

Where would the best places/beaches to take our family so the boys could see lots of fish?

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated!

Either take an excursion or find your way over to st. John when you dock in St. Thomas. Excellent snorkeling right off the beaches and lots of pretty fishies to see.

I agree, head over to St. Johns for your snorkeling when you first get there (early). I believe Tobacco Bay is a good place and it might be the place that has a numbered route to snorkel. As in any place, most of the fish are near the rocks so learning the technique of snorkeling close to rocks without touching them is beneficial. You will love the beaches in St. Johns as well and then after that you can go back to St. Thomas for some shopping and a drink or something before heading back to the ship. I took the ferry to St. Johns but taking a ship tour over there might not be a bad idea if the price is reasonable and if they get you there fast. Catching a boat right from where the ship docks vs taking a cab to the place where the Ferry departs would save a lot of time.

Best of luck

Sharkmedic,

Trunk Bay must have been the place I went because there was a Snorkel Trail. Following the trail was fun but again, most of the fish are closer to the rocks. The whole area around there is very nice and not over commercialized.

Archived