ATM on Vista Question

heliwoman

I understand that there's 2 ATM machines on the boat - one that dispenses US $ and another that dispenses Euros. Did anyone use the Euro machine? If so do you know what the exchange rate charged was? was there any issues with using the machine? (long lines? unaccessible? broken?)

Thanks!

We sailed June 3rd on the Vista and used the ATM for Euro exchange. Before we left the United States, we had gotten some Euros from our bank and the exchange rate was 1.14. On the ship the exchange rate was only l.06! No lines and the ATM worked smoothly ...it's tucked away on the Promenade (Deck 5) right next to Cherry on Top. Really not too visible so I don't think it gets much usage. We had initially looked for it on Deck 3 near Guest Services which is where I thought it would be. They had to direct us to the Promenade because as I said, it's not too visible. I had read on an earlier post that it ran out of Euros quickly. We decided mid week that we needed more EUs to be safe and I was worried that the ATM would be empty by that time, however, no issues nor were there later in the week when my brother also used it.

We sailed June 3rd on the Vista and used the ATM for Euro exchange. Before we left the United States, we had gotten some Euros from our bank and the exchange rate was 1.14. On the ship the exchange rate was only l.06! No lines and the ATM worked smoothly ...it's tucked away on the Promenade (Deck 5) right next to Cherry on Top. Really not too visible so I don't think it gets much usage. We had initially looked for it on Deck 3 near Guest Services which is where I thought it would be. They had to direct us to the Promenade because as I said, it's not too visible. I had read on an earlier post that it ran out of Euros quickly. We decided mid week that we needed more EUs to be safe and I was worried that the ATM would be empty by that time, however, no issues nor were there later in the week when my brother also used it.

That is great. Do you remember was there an additional transaction fee? Or is it included in the exchange rate?

Edited by gobux

We too sailed early June. The euro machine was on deck, very near to Cherry on Top. I did notice one day it was out of funds, another day had significant line. We used late afternoon in one port after returning from tour and no problems at all. This was likely an hour or so prior to the all aboard for that port. The exchange turned out to be 1.13 (it was 1.18 prior to leaving stateside at that time). Additionally it charged a 6euro service fee per transaction. That was our experience. Enjoy. :)