Cheers question

okeytaco

I assume there is a notation on your Sign & Sail card that you have purchased the Cheers package? So...you're good to go as soon as you board in New Orleans? I love the Fun Ship Special and look forward to that first one!

I assume there is a notation on your Sign & Sail card that you have purchased the Cheers package? So...you're good to go as soon as you board in New Orleans? I love the Fun Ship Special and look forward to that first one!

No, bring your receipt just in case, and check in to the beverage station (for lack of a better word) on the lido deck and they will place a sticker on your card.

We got ours put on our cards when we ordered our first drinks. You should be good to go without having to stop anywhere else first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by erinmarie424

The first bar that you go to, they will see that you have the cheers package. That bartender will place the cheers sticker on your sail and sign card.

I went to the beverage station (where they sell Cheers and Bubbles) on Lido between Guys and Blue Iguana. They looked up my account and placed a sticker on my card. There was no line when I went, right after boarding (around noon).

I didn't get a receipt for each drink, just signed the one handed to me (can add extra tip and write in the total). Each showed up on my S&S card with the location purchased and the total amount being billed to my account.

Edited to add: you'll be charged tax on your drinks until you leave the Mississippi River (around 11pm), and then again once you enter it on your return (around midnight). Ended up being around $0.55 per drink.

Edited by cbCRR

Thanks for the responses. I'm glad to know about being charged tax while on the river so I wouldn't be dumb and question it! One of the things we most look forward to is sitting on our balcony with a drink while sailing down the river. Always something interesting to see.

Halfway through my cruise my sticker was pretty ragged and I wondered why they even put a sticker on the cards, it really does nothing as the computer system is going to spit out the receipt of 0$ whether you have a sticker on your card or not.

Just an interesting note to those who get the Cheers package and are on a cruise that includes Half Moon Cay....Cheers is NOT in effect while on HMC....You can use your S&S card there, but you will get billed for drinks as if you didn't have the Cheers program. So in addition to your $57 that you are paying daily for your Cheers package, you will get billed for individual drinks that you order on HMC

Edited by First and Ten

You cannot get the fancy glasses with cheers!. I have a cruise out of NOLA in October!