November 27- Dec 4: snow prediction?

SeaWatch

My husband's birthday is on the 3rd of December and to celebrate we took the Budapest-Nuremberg Danube cruise last year. Not a lick of snow anywhere. It actually wasn't that cold either. I mean, yes, it was Zip-up and Put Your Hat-and-Gloves On cold but it wasn't OMG I'm Getting Frostbitten on this Walk Tour cold, either. ;)

We went during this time frame about 4 years ago from Prague to Budapest. We had snow almost everyday. Living in Texas, it was so beautiful and magical! It was also pretty cold most days - in the 20's. The hot gluhwein tasted so good!

I've heard other people say that it rained on their Christmas Market cruises. I'd much rather have snow than rain!!

Have fun!!

Karen

I have been in this part of Europe at least 9 times during that period. We have had snow three times.

In 2007 we were in Salzburg and Munich for the Christmas markets and had some snow out in the Salzkammergut only.

In 2010 (river cruise) it snowed over 20 inches in less than 48 hours, closed airports and wreaked havoc all the way around.

In 2012, we had so much snow while approaching Nuremberg (end of cruise) that our road trip to Prague took over 8 hours, due to accidents on the autobahn caused by snow.

We had a gorgeously snowy river cruise between Christmas and New Years which was breathtaking! But obviously later in the year.

Mother Nature is fickle :)