Awesome review of Havana area and cabins

Yea! Finally! I will be curious how this area will work during the day once the Vista is in the Caribbean. When cruising Europe, and the writer stated, most guests are exploring the sites, not hanging out by the pool. The Caribbean will see more activity.

Yea! Finally! I will be curious how this area will work during the day once the Vista is in the Caribbean. When cruising Europe, and the writer stated, most guests are exploring the sites, not hanging out by the pool. The Caribbean will see more activity.

We actually have 3 sea days on our 12 day Med cruise in August (the most sea days I have heard about so far), so I am curious as well to see how it goes. I booked a Havana suite because I very much enjoy my deck time in the sun.

Folks who have already sailed the Vista say the Havana area gets packed after 5:30. I think the whole psychology of this is very interesting. And of course, there are the passengers that are hell bent to get into the Havana area just because it is not allowed. With the 3 sea days we have on our August cruise, I'm hoping to get a real feel of this area for the future.

We actually have 3 sea days on our 12 day Med cruise in August (the most sea days I have heard about so far), so I am curious as well to see how it goes. I booked a Havana suite because I very much enjoy my deck time in the sun.

Folks who have already sailed the Vista say the Havana area gets packed after 5:30. I think the whole psychology of this is very interesting. And of course, there are the passengers that are hell bent to get into the Havana area just because it is not allowed. With the 3 sea days we have on our August cruise, I'm hoping to get a real feel of this area for the future.

I know this review said 5:30 but it's actually 5 pm that it's open to everyone.

I was on a 10-day cruise and it was never, after 5 pm or not, packed (the outdoor area). It was more crowded but never anything close to the Lido deck and there were always deck chairs available.

Even on our Sea Day, we only had 1 so if anyone was going to use it, that was the day, there were chairs available.

Now, the interior Havana Bar and Dance area, that area can get packed later in the evening when the band is playing. But it's always open to everyone.

Wow SweetCruiser39 that was a terrific Review with awesome pictures!! Thank you so much, we have a group of 12 of us and all of us are in Havana Cabana Balcony rooms so I just shared your review with all of them!!!! It was fantastic!! I can't wait for our cruise 1/8/2017, we have some time yet to go but the anticipation is 1/2 the fun!!!! Thanks again!! Great job!:)

Please come back after your cruise and share your experience. Bon Voyage!

• 3 weeks later...
Nice find on the comprehensive review. We will be staying in Havana cabins 5238 and 5240 on the Dec, 17th sailing and this answered plenty of questions. Thanks again.

We may be neighbors. We are in 5236 on the December 17th sailing; Mountain State Row in Little Havana!

We have Havana Suite 5233 in February. I have been curious to actually see how the layout of the hallway/Havana bar/wall between bar and cabins looks. I am really not worried any longer about noise from the bar at night.

Someone pointed out that we have an additional buffer with the closet and bathroom. It is hard to tell what the actual relationship between the entrance to the Havana Bar and our cabin is. The band playing at night was my main concern. I am surprised there are not more reviews out there but I guess there haven't been THAT many cruises yet.

Edited by LisaH

Love it! Too bad I won't be able to try these out as I travel with my child....It would be nice to see a similar review like this of the Family Harbor area, which we are booked in...but Havanna has it's own outdoor space, can't beat that. I guess Carnival is trying to make both families and adults without children happy with these exclusive areas...Great company!

Well, darn. I was JUST about to switch cruises -- from a Havana Suite on the Vista to the Harmony of the Seas and then I came across this review.....

Give up your Havana Suite and people will be 12 deep in line to snatch it up (But give me a heads up so I can sneak to the front of the line!!!).

I also found another review of sorts, and some really great photos on another social media site (Not allowed to name). I tried to add a link, but this site won't let me. Anyway, it was overwhelming positive, and spoke how they were doing a good job in keeping non-Havana guests out before 5 PM, etc. We have 3 and a half months to go-Can't wait.

Love it! Too bad I won't be able to try these out as I travel with my child....It would be nice to see a similar review like this of the Family Harbor area, which we are booked in...but Havanna has it's own outdoor space, can't beat that. I guess Carnival is trying to make both families and adults without children happy with these exclusive areas...Great company!

We are getting close. It's like it was only yesterday you started our roll call, and I was the next one on (But it was a year and half ago!). Seemed like our turn would never get here, but just under 4 and half months to go and we will finally be on the Vista. Ready to pack yet?

We are getting close. It's like it was only yesterday you started our roll call, and I was the next one on (But it was a year and half ago!). Seemed like our turn would never get here, but just under 4 and half months to go and we will finally be on the Vista. Ready to pack yet?

LOL..that's right!! I can't wait to finally board her!! I'm not even booking excursions as I want to spend most of our time on the ship. I'm sure I'll get off one or two days.

I am ready to pack, but it's for my upcoming cruise on Disney in 27 days! :D

We may be neighbors. We are in 5236 on the December 17th sailing; Mountain State Row in Little Havana!

Well I'll be darned, we will be... Hidey ho, neighbor.

I see your cruise is celebrating a 60th birthday "extravaganza." Ironically, this cruise is celebrating my wife's 50th.