Kids services on QM2

emo

Is there anyone on the forum who has recently sailed with a young child and can comment on the onboard services offered? I'm particularly interested in the night nursery for 1 year olds (beyond what is on Cunard's website) but would also welcome any firsthand info about the kids club or any other experiences your kids enjoyed on the cruise.

We have a deposit on a QM2 sailing, and are experienced cruisers (primarily with Celebrity), but this would be our first time with Cunard. Our daughter's first cruise was wonderful but we didn't think the services on Celebrity were very good for children under 3, which is why we are looking at other options.

I posted on the Family Cruising board and didn't get any responses, so hoping to have better luck here.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll be on the QM2 on Sunday, traveling with our 6 yr old.

I'll be posting lots photos, comments and observations, primarily on my social media accounts 3tickets2theworld but also on here [emoji4]

Whilst my son won't be in the night nursery, I'll be able to report back on our experience of the kids club during the day and evening.

I am not sure when your cruise is but we are taking our 1 year old on the QM2 next month (Aug 18-30) so I could provide more details after that. So far we have requested a crib and baby food on the ship. In picking the QM2 I also read a blog (Dutch Dutch Goose) that had a couple different posts about being on the QM2 with kids.

http://www.dutchdutchgoose.com/2015/08/13/tips-tricks-for-traveling-with-kids-on-the-qm2/

I cannot speak of the nursery but we did travel last year with our son who turned 7 while on the crossing. They had a small birthday celebration for him that was nice. We typically put him in at 9 am after breakfast and picked him up at 12 for lunch and the rest of the day with us. He had a wonderful time in the Play Zone and the staff are wonderful.

We are on the crossing next week 24th out of New York. When we booked the trip our son expressed a wish to spend more time in the Play Zone so I think that sums it up.

Thank you all for your replies. I know that Cunard is not a typical family cruise line but from all accounts, it sounds like they have an excellent kids program and families are very welcomed!

I am not sure when your cruise is but we are taking our 1 year old on the QM2 next month (Aug 18-30) so I could provide more details after that. So far we have requested a crib and baby food on the ship. In picking the QM2 I also read a blog (Dutch Dutch Goose) that had a couple different posts about being on the QM2 with kids.

http://www.dutchdutchgoose.com/2015/08/13/tips-tricks-for-traveling-with-kids-on-the-qm2/

Our cruise is not until November, so please do report back when you return from your trip! We requested baby food on our last trip with Celebrity and it came in very handy, but I'm not planning on it this time since she'll be almost 2. We'll still need to ask for a crib though.

Thank you so much for the link to the blog, it has some fantastic info and photos! I hope the nursery will work out for us, I'm a little concerned about her needing to be asleep to leave her there. But no harm in trying, anyway :).

We'll be on the QM2 on Sunday, traveling with our 6 yr old.

I'll be posting lots photos, comments and observations, primarily on my social media accounts 3tickets2theworld but also on here [emoji4]

Whilst my son won't be in the night nursery, I'll be able to report back on our experience of the kids club during the day and evening.

I'll try and look you up and follow along, since I don't get on CC much either. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums