Costa Maya INFO ... PLEASE!!!!

rrmanlht

Our daughter is going on Rhapsody Nov. 13th and I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about damage to Costa Maya or the fishing village just south of there. It is one of our favorite places on cruises and we are hoping that it is still up and running. Please someone post any info about this port....

THANKS .... :confused:

I read that it was fine. The pier and everything are fine. I read that some of the ships may use this as a port instead of Cozumel.

Have you checked out the Costa Maya board? You would probably get more info. there.

I am sure she will have a wonderful time.

Your daughter will love Costa Maya. We were there last year. The shopping area just off the pier was nice. Very clean, very friendly people. We had lunch there and watched the show that they put on in the plaza. She can grab a cab or rent a golf cart and got to Majuhaul Beach.

We are hoping that is where we get diverted to also. That or Belize.

We are scheduled for the Rhapsody on the 6th of November, but don't have official word on where we are going instead of Cozumel. Does your daughter know something we don't???

....the village beach is awesome with great service and VERY inexpensive

refreshments.

the day resort right at the huge pier (made just for cruisers)..is more

pricey, but also very pleasant, modern and clean..and the restaurant/bar under a huge thatched roof has a really great house band that plays.

Mitch

Your daughter will love Costa Maya. We were there last year. The shopping area just off the pier was nice. Very clean, very friendly people. We had lunch there and watched the show that they put on in the plaza. She can grab a cab or rent a golf cart and got to Majuhaul Beach.

Cool, you can rent golf carts to get around?? Do you happen to know if it is rent on site or if you need to reserve?

The day we were there we just walked up and rented it. There were only two ships in port that day. I don't know whether there is a way to reserve them or not.

You have to walk around behind the shopping area to the stand that rents them. There are signs around to direct you where to go. I think it was 20 - 30 dollars to rent it for the day. It was really fun to tool over to Majahual on our little golf cart!

We are hoping that is where we get diverted to also. That or Belize.

We are scheduled for the Rhapsody on the 6th of November, but don't have official word on where we are going instead of Cozumel. Does your daughter know something we don't???

Ditto...:confused:

The day we were there we just walked up and rented it. There were only two ships in port that day. I don't know whether there is a way to reserve them or not.

You have to walk around behind the shopping area to the stand that rents them. There are signs around to direct you where to go. I think it was 20 - 30 dollars to rent it for the day. It was really fun to tool over to Majahual on our little golf cart!

That sounds interesting! Any trick to getting there (wouldn't want to get lost in the jungle...)? How long did the cart trip take each way?

Logan1 - not hard to get there. Go out the back and hang a couple of lefts then right into the beach area. There are signs to get you there. I took us about 15 minutes to get there. It was really fun. The beach palapa (little huts that serve beer/taco's/etc) people will try to wave you with free parking.

Archived