Who did you use and how much did you pay????

sanditoes4

We are doing western Caribb. in Jan. 06 We have narrowed down our choices to Sting Ray City and a Glassbottom boat ride as the most voted for.(party of 9 going)

Who did you use, or would you suggest using???

How much did you pay???

I think we want to use private guides, though some are strongly telling us to use the ship, we are first timers, and I don't really think that paying sometimes 2x as much is right???

What do you think??

Singray City is "don't miss" experience. You can get glass bottom boat rides anywhere, but swimming with the stingrays is awesome! Even if some of your part don't get in the water, it's still very easy to see them swimming right near the boats.

We have used (and are using again in December) Native Way Watersports. They were fantastic! Great personalized service, fun, professional crew, and extremely conscientous about getting you back to your ship in plenty of time. We were nervous when we did a non-ship tour the first time too, but the worry was all for nothing. They were great!

It was $30 per person (much cheaper than the ships tours). Talk to Sharon. She may be able to give you a group discount.

• 2 weeks later...

I have checked into both of those guides and liked them both. StingRays will be done!!:) Kids have already demanded that!!

Do you think we are crazy for using a private guide as first timers?? We won't get taken will we?? They do good jobs with picking us up and dropping off right???

Thanks for your help!!

If you pick someone that gets favorable reviews from this board it's highly unlikely you will get taken. As for pickups that can't be helped at times. We've been in GC twice this year and the first time we went the bus driver had an accident in his personal car and it delayed our leaving by an hour, The boat we were on was not the best and the crew was just ok. This was with an independent operator that was booked through our online cruise package.

The second time I spent more time on CC and decided to book with Nativeway and they were great. We're going back in April and I've already booked the stingrays again with them because their crew was so great and everyone we encountered with their tours was great. This time around we're taking our nieces to swim with the rays.

If you like to snorkel add the coral gardens reef on your tour, it's well worth the extra few bucks and only about 100 yards from the Stingrays.

Archived