Help need thoughts by 10a Thurs...Jewel vs. Voyager

AAAMom

We are booked on a 6 night Western on the Jewel in April. In light of Wilma we are considering changing to Eastern on Voyager of the Seas. Because this is Easter week we don’t want to have to make a last minute decision if either or Cancun or Cozumel won’t be able to accommodate the ship. The alternative ports, etc. have not been made available (RCCL is doing assessments which I imagine will take a while and will be ongoing). If RCCL decides to add a day at sea, I know I won’t do well (always cruise with being in port almost each day…and I know there are no guarantees on a cruise.

So I need to make my decision by 10am tomorrow (Thurs) morning. Thoughts on the two ships, etc? Cabins are comparable. In each case we were able to get deck nine on the hump.

In advance thanks!

No matter which ship you choose or which section of the Caribbean you choose you realize that your itinerary can and may change for any reason. I haven't sailed on Jewel but I have Voyager and it is very nice but I am sure the same holds true for Jewel. Ask yourself, which ship would I want to be on if stuck on the ship for 6 days at sea? What about the other ports of call? At this point Cozumel may be the only one of the Western ports that your ship may not be able to visit and by spring it may be up and running.

Tough decision.

DF is right, still a long way to go...Cozumel could be up and running by then.

Here's something else to consider-are you sailing with kids? If so, go for the Voyager, huge ship, tons of stuff to do, lots of kids!! Going by yourselves? I'd pick the Jewel. Haven't been on her yet, but sailed the Brilliance which is a sister ship. Enough to keep you occupied in case of extra sea days, and not nearly as many kids. Maybe I need more info. before I'd venture a real opinion. :D

Nancy

Thanks to everyone for your quick responses. Yes we are going with our son who will be 12 at that time. As a family, we have never been to any of the ports on the Western cruise and only one on the Eastern. Since I went online RCCL yesterday and found cabin 9322, I thought it was fate. My travel agent couldn't believe that cabin was still available. Again thanks to everyone for your quick responses. We will change to Eastern Carib...and go to Mexico another time (good excuse to go again!).

Good choice Mom!! Your son will love the Voyager, you'll probably hardly see him. It's a great ship for kids.

I loved the Brilliance, and can't wait to see the Jewel. But, it's just the two of us and I prefer the smaller class just for that reason. Hopefully, you can sail on her the next time.

Nancy

Archived