LUGGAGE TAGS

sandij

A quick question cause we leave in two days, this is our first trip to Europe we've always cruised out of Florida. Do we attach our Princess tags to our luggage before we board the plane or when we get to London?

After plane, before ship UNLESS you have Princess transfers which handle luggage that is unlikely with international travel and customs.

[B] Life is at it's best when your address floats [/B]
[B]<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02
Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95
[B]<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 12/04
Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04
Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02[B]<FONT color=red>
West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>[/B]
Ecstacy 09/01
[B]<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 12/97
[B]<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 9/96

I*f it was me I would put them on when you arrive in London. I do not know what port you are leaving on but I would wait to put the tags on there or they may get lost and at least you would have your luggage with you if you are staying an extra day before getting on the ship.

Marilyn

We do that too.

In addition we print self-seal luggage tags (available at most office supply stores) that are specific for our itinerary and show our flight information, hotel where we'll be staying before the cruise, and our cruise information along with contact numbers along the way.

One more layer of protection is to include that info on a 8.5x11" paper and place it on top of the contents of your luggage (so its the first thing someone who opened your luggage would see) in case it is lost and the tags got lost too

Finally, we just recently got some laminated luggage tags that are actually dog/pet tags. The cost was quite reasonable compared to people tags and they are difficult to remove (thanks to board member "Dosi")

Oh one more thing. We like to make our luggage easy to spot in a room full of luggage by putting a special color duct tape on the sides of all of it which can be seen from any angle they happen to land on (like in a luggage carousel)

Actually, here's more on all that:

[url="http://www.lifeiscruising.com/luggage___packing"]http://www.lifeiscruising.com/luggage___packing[/url]

Happy Cruising

Chris

[url="http://www.LifeIsCruising.com"]www.LifeIsCruising.com[/url]

Next up:
Caribbean Princess 06/26/04
Star Princess 10/24/04
Diamond Princess 12/22/04
Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

Archived