Casablanca and Cadiz Ports

PLEASE help - we stop at these ports on our west med cruise with Spirit.

Have heard bad comments about Casablanca and will do an organised tour but not sure if to do the mosque or Rabat?

Also wondering if to wander around Cadiz or go on a trip to Seville. Can anyone help/advise. Thankyou so much.

Have heard bad comments about Casablanca and will do an organised tour but not sure if to do the mosque or Rabat?

Also wondering if to wander around Cadiz or go on a trip to Seville. Can anyone help/advise. Thankyou so much.

Rabat is a must see.

It really is a beautiful city - very clean with some lovely, lovely buildings. Felt very safe there when we went on a Thomson's guided trip.

Cadiz is very pretty too - we took a Hoho bus then had a wander around. I have always wanted to go to Seville & will get there one day but pleased we went to Cadiz & would love to return on a city break there!

I enjoyed Cadiz, I was there last month, lovely place to have a wander round.

We didnt bother leaving the boat in Casablanca, if there was a market only trip we would of done that, not really bothered about seeing Mosques, I dont like been dragged around the tour guides cousins shops .... which he did, why do they always do that?

Over dinner a few people did say they were not given the opportunity to shop.

On the subject of tour guide's programmed visits to the cousins shop - the 50/50 options will leave you with these two options.

A) He has a financial interest in the family business. B) He is on commission when tourists buy from the shop.

Or am I being cynical ? :confused:

We did the ship tour to Rabat in the morning. Lovely city. Returned to the ship for lunch then took a taxi from the port to the Mosque for about 5 Euros. The Mosque is amazing, spent some time there then walked to Rick's Cafe which was unfortunately closed at that time of day but it looked very nice. Check opening times on the website if you wish to have a few drinks there. Enjoyed a leisurely stroll back to the ship from there. No hassle at all and never at any time felt unsafe. Such a pity some people make judgements about a place without having actually seen it. Don't let people put you off experiencing other cultures.

Can just walk off the ship in Cadiz. Lovely city to stroll around. Enjoy

I can recommend the trip to Rabat. Ours was an all day trip. Really good :)

Cadiz is lovely. We have been twice and just wandered. My brother got a taxi trip as my sister in law cannot walk far. But he said it was really good and better than the hoho bus as it can get into lots of little streets that the bus can't.

• 2 weeks later...

It's such a shame about Casablanca , we've called there several times on Cruises and it just doesn't do Morocco justice. We've been on a 5 day land tour in Morocco and just loved it, wonderful scenery, city's and people. I'd take the advice of previous posts and book a trip to Rabat.. We're calling there on an NCL cruise over Xmas and NY and that we plan to do.

I am a massive advocate for Casablanca, but I genuinely think an organised tour is the best way to see it in the first instance. It's such a varied and vibrant city: very traditional in places, cultural in other parts, some areas are like Beverly Hills, some bits are just like a med tourist resort, and then some parts are like a modern European City. The Mosque is also fabulous and well worth it. In fact it's probably my favourite Port in the med :)

At least we all like different things, if we all liked the same it would be boring :D

• 1 month later...