Star Princess | 20-Nov-2016 | R/T LA <-> Hawai'i

MattNYC

• 2 months later...

Welcome, Jerry. Are you also on the Roll Call? This is only our second time on Princess, but there was a regularly scheduled LGBT gathering every night on our first one. Unfortunately, it was a port-intensive Alaska cruise, so I think we only went the first and last nights. We like the longer cruises with fewer ports and have met some really nice people at these.

Looking forward to meeting you aboard!

Matt

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Matt,

You asked if I was on the Roll Call. If you mean the straight Roll Call, yes. I've traveled with Princess MANY times and they always have LGBT meetings every day. Usually a staff member attends the first meeting, but sometimes a staff member attends several days, depending.

If you haven't sailed to Hawaii before keep in mind that the crossing in both directions (about 3 days each way) is cold and you will need a mid weight jacket and warm clothes.

What are your plans in the islands?

Jerry

We've sailed before from San Diego, but that was in the Spring. Since we're coming from Philly, we'll have plenty of layers.

We're traveling with Wayne's parents and renting a car in each port besides Honolulu. We're trying to find new things to do vs. last time in Hilo and Maui.

Matt

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Renting a car on the islands is a very good plan. I've driven all the islands and saw a ton of

delightful sights. Ahhhhhh Philly, I lived there for a year as a young teenager and attended Lincoln High. My mothers family still lives there.

Later........Jerry