Hyatt Pier 66 FLL pre-cruise-any experience???

I just hit on Priceline for a great price for the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Ft. Laud. for my pre-cruise in June on FOS-I was aiming for a 3 star like Sheraton Airport, but got bumped up to 4 star Hyatt for $75 dollars for 2 rooms-

anyone stayed there lately?? I know they are in the process of remodeling the pool, but will be well-finished by June when I get there (better for me!!)-it sounds very nice, so I am wondering how I hit on $165 room for $75???

Any input appreciated!!!

I know that lately there have been some problems there... (pre-Wilma) and I'm not sure if they'll get their act together or not, by the time you stay there. You can check tripadvisor.com and see real reviews by people who have stayed there...

We stayed their precruise then postcruise when we went on the Radiance. Unfortunately it turned into two different experiences for us.

Precruise went perfect (except for fingernail polish remover leaking in my makeup bag!) we requested a pier view room. When I got up in the morning the Grand Princess was sitting there in all her Glory. Post Cruise -Now the unfortunate part. We got off the ship ready to relax, hehe but unpon arrival to the hotel they said it would be about an hour for check in. We thought this would be a perfect time to explore the resort. Pool was perfect so suprised at the comment that it was being redone. Came back after an hour to be told another hour or so. Well this went on for several hours. I can't complain, it's not their fault that we were trying to check in prior to "official" check in time. The hotel had a wedding going on and many many people were trying to get in early. Finally at 4:30 we were sent to our room but this time we asked for a harbor view. Walk down the harbor, it is such a beautiful stroll.

Rooms were huge, clean and what we would expect out of a Hyatt. Don't forget to walk out behind the hotel where the marina is. Didn't order room service or use any of the facilities except the pool bar, hehe but overall experience was excellent. They could have been a bit more realistic about our check-in time but again it wasn't their fault we were trying to check in early. There was a line in the AM for taxis but we only waited about 10 minutes and were off to the pier.

I would imagine you are going to be pleased with the Priceline pick, we had Pricelined it too.

BonVoyage

Dawna

This is weird, some love it, others make it sound like a hole!! I went to Tripadvisor.com to read reviews as suggested, some great, others frightening-I guess you can't please all the people all the time-

The way I look at it: how can it be, it's a Hyatt. I just was at Hyatt Maui last month, it was wonderful!!

I don't know what to think now, but it doesn't much matter as Priceline is non-refundable anyway, so I 'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best!!!

They have a pool and room service, and bathrobes, that's all I really need.

I've stayed at the Pier 66. Never again. booked 2 rooms thru priceline...one on own. It is a glorified Holiday Inn. I've stayed at many Hyatt's this one is completely run down. We actually waited 60 minuted for breakfast, the rooms smelled and had BUGS.

A friend of mine was there with his family for a business meeting - they laughed at the accomodations because they were so bad. His company actually set up a separate breakfast in their conference since the service was so bad and took so long!

The bar at the top of the tower is OK - but the drink prices are horrendous.

Have fun during you're stay.

We booked the Hyatt also earlier in the year on priceline for a similiar price. When we arrived they upgraded us into the executive tower. Had a very nice room on an upper floor with a wrap-around balcony. Based on this experience, we wouldn't hesitate to go back. We found the hotel and grounds to be very clean and well maintained.

We book a lot of our vacation accomidations through priceline, too, and know that you don't always get the best rooms when you do. Unfortunately, that's the way it seems to be. dege - you lucked out, as we do often times with priceline bookings as well (other times we only do so-so).

However, we did book this room directly with Hyatt for our 2003 Enchantment cruise pre-cruise stay, and loved it. We booked an ocenview room, and got a corner room on an upper floor with a spectacular view of the Atlantic and waterways..

Obviously, I can't speak for the condition of the hotel more than two years later, but I can say the location was extremely convenient to the airport, water taxi and pier. Many dining options close by, and a gas station with an integral convenience store across the street.

All I can say is the next time I do a single day pre-cruise in FLL, this would be the place I'd look first. However, if it were a longer pre-cruise, I'd stay somewhere with beachfront services. As always, JMHO!

We enjoyed this hotel too. Did priceline also. We enjoyed the view from the tower cocktail lounge. Very pretty at night. We had a 2nd floor room and it was very nice. We met some friends on the cruise with us that stayed there. They said their 1st floor room was a bit musty.

I would definetely stay there again.

Enjoy your trip!

Archived