Carnival Sunshine October 13, 2016 10/13/16 from NYC

VirginiaGuy4u

• 4 weeks later...
Hey there! Anthony from NYC sailing with you, along with my friends, John and Tom...they are a married couple and I'm recently single and looking forward to the cruise! I did the same exact one aboard the Sunshine this past July 4 weekend, and she's a great ship! 23 days to go!!

Welcome guys!! Couple here, traveling with some family, looking forward to meeting you all on board. This is our first Canada cruise, have only done Caribbean/Mexico cruises in the past so we are looking forward to it!! Have heard great things about the Sunshine!!

Expect a lot of fog...lol...I think this is my 7th trip up to Canada from NY on Carnival ;)

Glad to be cruising with you...maybe we can meet up for sailaway ;)

Nice! Good to know about the fog.

What do you normally do in St. John? As of now we have a tour planned on double decker bus where it makes a loop and we can get on and off at stops we are interested in. So it seemed to be most flexible as far as seeing different things.

I've done the Reversing Rapids boat ride, which was fun...St John is very walkable, and there's a nice public market as well as an indoor mall close to the ship...I'm sure the hop on/hop off bus is perfect...

Yes, the fog was so dense last time, we left our balcony door open for air one night and to hear the waves, and set off the smoke detector with the amount of fog that rolled into the cabin! We woke at 3am with 3 security guards inside our room! ;)

I've done the Reversing Rapids boat ride, which was fun...St John is very walkable, and there's a nice public market as well as an indoor mall close to the ship...I'm sure the hop on/hop off bus is perfect...

Yes, the fog was so dense last time, we left our balcony door open for air one night and to hear the waves, and set off the smoke detector with the amount of fog that rolled into the cabin! We woke at 3am with 3 security guards inside our room! ;)

Great! Thanks so much for the info on St John. We are looking forward to it. Have you done it in October before? Just wondering how cold it will be up there...

That is crazy about the fog setting of smoke alarm. Haha.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

This is the first time I'm doing this trip in the Fall, but I can tell you that when we did it this past July, all we brought were shorts and t-shirts so we had to buy a jacket when we got into port since it was really chilly!

Cool. Thanks! Yeah, thinking it's going to be chilly up there. We are trying to figure out how to pack. Haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...