Los Angeles to Mexico - May 2017

damiross

I've been looking at cruises out of LA on Princess for May 2017. It is my imagination or does Princess start pulling their ships out of LA in late April and early May? Or is it that Princess just doesn't show all of its cruises yet for the late spring/early summer time?

On a similar subject, there is a Cabo San Lucas getaway that overnights in that city/ Is Cabo worth an overnight stay or, if we take this cruise, should we just plan on staying on the ship most of the time we're in port? (Neither one of us are really night owls and don't care for the late night parties.)

Thanks.

The 5-day Cabo overnight cruise is very nice. The ship sails mid-day the second day so not much time to see or do anything then. We chose not to but dinner in town would be a treat.

Yes, Princess repositions their ships to Alaska in April and May. Follow the money. There's far more interest in sailing Alaska at that time than Mexico.

It's fun being on the ship in the evening when there are hundreds still ashore. We had Traditional seating and on other cruises that sailed late, all dining was Anytime. Last November, that wasn't the case and the poor waitstaff were standing around doing nothing. I think there were four passengers in our waitstaff's section so we got great service but others had no passengers and nothing to do. I didn't agree with that and thought they should have been able to go ashore or have a little time off.

We had a great Ultimate Balcony Dinner when we overnighted in Cabo one year. The Sapphire slowly rotated at anchor and the view from the balcony started with El Arco coming into view and ended the evening looking at the lights of downtown after dark. We only went into town the first day. We have also done a whale watching tour and in season there were many whales. The whales were close to the port and we could see our ship the entire time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser