Roatan shark diving

stormy1

My hubby and I have both been scuba diving in Roatan before. We wouldn't mind doing the traditional dives but we noticed NCL offers a shark dive in Roatan. Has anyone done this dive before and would like to comment on it? THANKS!

I am also looking into this dive. When are you goin on NCL? I will be on the Dawn for the 12/11 cruise.

My sister lived on Roatan for 2 years and highly recomends this dive. I haven't had a chance to look into it yet, but she thought it would be cheaper to schedule it on our own and not with NCL. Just an idea!

Here is some info from WWW.BIBR.COMB (Bay Island Beach Resort)

"Shark Dives on the South Shore

Take this opportunity to see beautiful Caribbean Grey Reef Sharks up close! This carefully controlled dive brings the sharks to within a foot of the divers. This is a perfect opportunity for photographers. In addition to sharks, there are lots of grouper & other fish. The bait is kept sealed in a large bucket until the end of the dive, when the top is taken off & the sharks feed. Afterwards, swim on a beautiful 70' dive along Cara a Cara Point, a gorgeous site on the south shore. The sharks will accompany on your dive, hoping for more hand outs... "

It is $85, so it is cheaper! We have taken some diving trips with BIBR when we stayed at a B&B in Roatan. They were nice. Hope this helps!

Archived