Difference between Buccaneer and Hanibal

Dlynn

What is the difference between the Buccaneer and the Hanibal? Do they both have a shaded area? Do they both have bathrooms? How many people on each? Thank you! Any information will be appreciated:)

Right...the cash bar and they go to a 2nd snorkel site (plus Stingray City). It is a longer excursion, so for that reason I chose the Haninbal in November. I want to have a little time for lunch in Ocho Rios. The Hanibal will go to the rays and one other site to snorkel.

We went on the Buccaneer since it was the only option we had. We got the extra snorkel stop and a cash bar, (which on our tour I don't think anyone used, it was not pitched very much by the crew-the only thing I saw was a cooler with ice and water and soft drinks.)

The Hannibal was at the dock and looked exactly like the Buccaneer, shade in the back, covered area if needed for rain, head (I would not call the cubbyhole I used a bathroom), ladder to the water.

Chose the one which gives you the best schedule would be my advice. I don't think the experience on the boat would be much different. And I am very glad we took the catamaran,,,loved the sail out, and the crew was very solicitous and friendly.

Su

JW...sorry-I got confused on which island I was talking about...it happens often these days!:eek: I chose the one with the shorter schedule so we wouldn't have to worry about getting back and catching the tender...there! Whew.;)

Hi,

Has anyone else run into trouble emailing Capt Bryan?

I sent off a query and got a really fast response.

I've been trying to book an excursion with him and have sent off several emails over a couple of weeks and have not gotten any response.

Being sailors, we really wanted to get out to Sting Ray City via a sailboat, does anyone know of any other outfits that sail vs motor?

We leave in about a week.

Thanks,

I have just been contacted by Capt Bryant with Buccaneer, he said the internet was down for a week, and getting back to people.

I just signed up for trip with him next week, sounds like a good one. Snorkeling in Cayman is great, so really appreciate the 2 stops in addition to Stingray City.

So, try him again if you have not heard yet.

Thanks - I've just sent him another email.

We've both done SRC before and loved it.

I was disappointed in my last dive there - reef was really damaged in a storm - but the snorkeling has always been excellent.

We leave next Friday (sailing Sun 11/13) - cant wait.

Little worried about Coz - but the rest of the trip will be great.

Thanks again - have fun yourself.

Maybe one of you could help me. I'm considering booking Capt. Bryan's Hannibel but have never been on a catamaran before. I've done stingray city on a snorkel boat. How much different is the ride out in the cat? I've always been a power boater, never sailed. I didn't give this any thought til I read this post.

Archived