Vista Upgrade

ashwhita

We're booked on the Carnival Vista on Feb 25. We're currently booked in an inside room on deck 8 and were just offered an upgrade to an Oceanview on deck 1. We've been on two cruises previously and have always been higher up on the ship so are uncertain about being on Deck 1. We are travelling with a 9 month old as well so the extra room in the Oceanview would definitely be helpful. Any pros or cons towards sailing on Deck 1 would be great!!!! TIA

How does having an oceanview cabin gain you extra space ? You do realize youll have 10 decks between you and food as opposed to 3. Thats either alot of stairs or alot of waiting for the elevators. I personally would stay higher up in the ship.

How does having an oceanview cabin gain you extra space ? You do realize youll have 10 decks between you and food as opposed to 3. Thats either alot of stairs or alot of waiting for the elevators. I personally would stay higher up in the ship.

With the Oceanview, it would give us a couch in addition to our bed plus it has two bathrooms - one with a shower, sink and toilet and another with a sink and tub.

I would move to the OV in a split second. You get more space, 2 bathrooms (one with a tub), natural light.

Being on deck 1 means that you're closer to your cabin when getting on/off the ship at the ports.

Everything will be just one elevator ride away.

I would move to the OV in a split second. You get more space, 2 bathrooms (one with a tub), natural light.

Being on deck 1 means that you're closer to your cabin when getting on/off the ship at the ports.

Everything will be just one elevator ride away.

Well if they are like most people you get ready then eat then get off the ship (possibly going back to the cabin to grab last minute items). That being said thats alot ofelevator time. Also if they are like most cruisers after returning to the ship youll want a snack or a drink. Again more elevator time.

But after some thought i would prolly take the OV also. Simply for the fact ive never had a cabin in that area of the ship (always wanted to try a cove balcony). But i would also see what a few extra dollars would get me higher up in the ship. Extra room is nice but at the lack of convenience to food and activities is a bit of a heavy trade off.

Any thought given to the fact there could be engine noise or vibration, the baby might be more sensative to this than adults ?

Take the ocean view!

If it is midship on deck 1, you will not feel any vibration. As the matter of fact, the lower you are on a ship and midship, the less prone you are to seasickness.

Deck 1 is very quiet, not a lot of foot traffic. That would be better for a 9 month old who will need to take naps.

It doesn't take long for elevators.

We mostly stay in high deck balcony cabins but last year got and insanely good deal on a deluxe ocean view on the first journeys cruise on the dream ($185 pp for an 11 day cruise? Yes please!).

We were nervous about the low floor (deck 2 for us) but we LOVED that cabin. Going up on the elevators was a piece of cake because they were mostly empty when we got in them. Close to the dining rooms, evening entertainment, and other things. Able to just walk up a couple of flights of stairs after visiting a port instead of waiting forever for an elevator with a ton of other hot tired people.

The 2 bathrooms were wonderful. I think you would love the deluxe ocean view!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We ended up accepting the upgrade! It only cost us $80 [emoji4] To have the extra space plus a tub for the baby was worth it to us!

Very cool , let us know how it was. Cant wait to cruise the vista again. Europe was way too port intensive and we missed the cabin crawl.

With the Oceanview, it would give us a couch in addition to our bed plus it has two bathrooms - one with a shower, sink and toilet and another with a sink and tub.

That sounds like a Family Harbor room. I believe it comes with extra perks such as a special area for breakfast right near the rooms.

We always book a cabin on deck 2 , as we like the location. And for our upcoming cruise we have again a deck 2 stateroom, this time is our first try on a deluxe ocean view stateroom.

If my memory serves me right, I'll never turn back time.

We are also on this cruise and received and accepted this offer. This will be our 1st time in a Deluxe Oceanview. Previously we have had, inside, aft balcony, aft wrap, and regular balcony.