The Spirit Of Positive Vibes...

Polish Falcon

• 10 years later...

Hi all, We are on board again with RCI after last year on Legend out of Bris.

Family of 4 - 2 boys 14 & 16 - they get their own inside cabin again - couldn't imagine having 4 of us quad sharing....! , travelling with 2 other families. Will be interesting to compare the bigger tub with the smaller one last year. We had a ball on Legend!

Regarding drinks package, currently "20%" off, although not sure how they arrive at that figure. Either way, there's a discount on at present and can be pre-purchased via cruise planner.

I purchased the Premium package at AU$771 (or $70au/day)./ This is converted from $52US/day and is paid in AU dollars, not US dollars, via cruise planner (>no foreign conversion fee). The normal price (based on last December) was $58US. When you consider that this includes the 18% grat that is added to over-the-bar prices, if one was to buy a cocktail ($12US + 18% = $14.16), 4 cocktails later and it's paid for! + grab all the bottled water you need for shore days etc.

So....Couple Pina coladas by the pool, a beer later on, wine or 2 with dinner, some water bottles - that's not over the top at all, yet would ring up $84US + 18% grat (not part of pre paid grats) = $99US x 1.35 =$134AU on it's own without a package.!

The other good thing is that if the currency fluctuates and say the US dollar falls in a heap and works in the AU$ favour, you can simply cancel the package, get a refund and re-purchase at the revised rate - I called them to check this. they regularly adjust the currency rates. I had the package sitting in my shopping cart for a week and in that time, the price was adjusted down.

Happy for anyone to find any holes in my logic here but it seems to be sound?

Chat later