Snorkeling Advice

dolphincruiser404

Well I can understand her worries, since I am a fearful swimmer. I will say, however, that snorkeling off a boat is much easier than from the shore. If you wear a life vest, you can be really relaxed and not worry about tripping over the fins and crashing into rocks in the shallow water. Would she snorkel off the boat if you told her she could wear a life vest?

We were there in APril 2005 and it was our last island.... we had been there before and done the stingrays and coral garden so we decided to go to 7 mile beach. At the last minute we decided to go to a snorkeling area to the right as you come off the ship it is a building with the roof painted like a dive flag. We had our own sruff but we rented vests. They do have all equipment for rent. They have a small beach with chairs/picnic tables/food and drinks with bathrooms. Access is down some stairs and it is easy just sit on bottom stair put your stuff on and float out. The fish were incredible... like diving into an aquarium!!!! we loved it. Sorry the name of the place is Eden Rock... and by the way I am not a strong swimmer and either are the members of my family all you have to do is float

I am not a swimmer, but love to snorkel. I have my own equipment, including a flotation vest. I still prefer to snorkel from the beach vs from a boat. We've snorkeled at Eden's Rock twice, and it has a great variety of fish, and easy entry into the water. Here are some other sites on Grand Cayman you may prefer: http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/GrandCaymanSnorkeling.htm

Becki

She doesn't like going from a boat because she thinks that she is in deeper water. Needless to say, I didn't mention how deep the water was in Chankanaab when we were snorkeling in Cozumel last year. I also neglected to point out the Barracuda! We do have all of our own equipment. I think that we may check out Eden Rock. It sounds nice and close to the pier. I don't want to have to go forever and a mile away or spens a lot of money in case she hates it! Is there a cost for Eden Rock (non-equipment related)?

Thanks!

Archived