Hong Kong to Dubai 2006 World Cruise

ChattyKathy

My husband and I are doing the Hong Kong to Dubai (19 days) section of the World Cruise on the QE2 for our 30th anniversary. Any information anyone has regarding travel tips, 'must-see' or 'must-do' tours or attractions, etc. that would enhance our experience would be greatly appreciated. :) We've previously sailed with Holland America and Celebrity and enjoyed both experiences. Having read many previous posts, I'm a little concerned that the QE2 may be too formal for us - not as regards the dress code but more the overall atmosphere. We're very casual types and love meeting people.

Thanks for your help!

Don't worry, ChattyKathy, I think you'll find that while the clothes may be very formal, the passengers aren't. One of the best things about cruising is the chance to meet and mingle with other passengers. Some of the folks I met on my WC in 2002 have become friends for life, others are e-mail buddies and others were friends until we parted. I helped an Indian couple with their e-mails and they invited me on a tour of Durban where they live. Went in style in one of their Mercedes- the other was for their luggage, and saw sights no ship's excursion could offer. Met tiny ladies from England who did a half WC each year and saved their pence to do so. A fellow shopping enthusiast from Canada was responsible for my new travel agent. A woman I met playing trivia who usually wore very casual clothes and loved books and blackjack, was from California, and the cost of her accommodations on QE2 was more than my pension and SS will be for the rest of my life. So be friendly, you never know who you will meet.

Archived