Death before cruise

seadoll

We are sailing with a large group made up of different branches of one familiy and leave in 3 weeks. Over the weekend, one member of the group was killed in a car accident. He was a young guy and staying with my dad (although we haven't met him before).

So- I have two questions:

1. If my dad can find someone else to go and share his room at such short notice, will Carnival charge him the admin fee for changing his booking?

2. If this boys parents and sibling (who are also going) decide not to go, (but haven't bought the travel insurance) will they be able to cancel without penalty?

Thanks for your quick responses to this.:(

1. If my dad can find someone else to go and share his room at such short notice, will Carnival charge him the admin fee for changing his booking?.:(

you dad will still have to pay the 50.00 name change. (I think the person going should pay that fee.)

2. If this boys parents and sibling (who are also going) decide not to go, (but haven't bought the travel insurance) will they be able to cancel without penalty?.:(

You can only find out by calling the agent. Not having insurance the answer could be no. not to sound harsh or being cold... (there is other way to put it.-- the reason insurance is obtainable for instances like this. If people were just reimbursed for sickness and death less people would buy it coz there will be no need for it.

But that being said-- I would still call the agent to see what can be done.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I was supposed to go on the Valor on 10/9/05 and my Dad got scheduled for open heart surgery on the 6th. I did not have insurance. I called and explained the situation and asked if there was any way I could change the date of the cruise. My PVP asked me if there was another date I could go and she could check with her supervisor but she could not promise me anything. After being on hold for 10 minutes, she came back and said I could book on the trip two weeks later. The fare that I got originally was not avaliable so we had to pay a little more but much better than losing 50% of the fare or having to send someone in my place.

Archived