Car rental: drop off at POA terminal 2

Buddy Bear

We are thinking of renting a car while in O'ahu. We will be flying to HNL, renting a car at the airport and driving to Aulani.

The morning of the POA cruise we plan on driving from Aulani to Terminal 2, but don't see a convenient place to drop off the rental car by the cruise terminal.

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Jeff

It depends on which company you are renting from. We are renting from Hertz after our cruise on POA for our stay at Aulani. Hertz picks up from the cruise terminal between 8 and 9 AM for disembarking passengers and drops off at the pier between 2 and 3 PM for embarking passengers on cruise days. The actual pick up/drop off for the cars I believe is at a downtown hotel.

Other than that you would have to drop off at HNL and get a taxi or shuttle to the pier.

It depends on which company you are renting from. We are renting from Hertz after our cruise on POA for our stay at Aulani. Hertz picks up from the cruise terminal between 8 and 9 AM for disembarking passengers and drops off at the pier between 2 and 3 PM for embarking passengers on cruise days. The actual pick up/drop off for the cars I believe is at a downtown hotel.

Other than that you would have to drop off at HNL and get a taxi or shuttle to the pier.

I was thinking of getting a car service from HNL to Aulani and then on cruise day another car service from Aulani to the port, but I thought having a car would be more convenient to get around and DVC members get free parking at Aulani. Unfortunately, it appears that there is no convenient place to drop off a car near the port.

There are limited car rentals available from the Holoholo Desk Tours and Travel in the lobby at Aulani. There is limited availability.

Both Enterprise and Alamo have rental offices in Kapolei near Aulani. If you are only planning a few days away from the resort you may want to rent by the day. Some people say that they have rented for one or two days with a day or two between to stay at the resort. Check out http://www.disboards.com and look at the Aulani board. They have tons of information. Also check out Hawaii Discount Car Rentals. Lots of folks here recommend them.

That way you can book a shuttle from HNL to Aulani and from Aulani to the pier and only rent a car for those days you may be going off the resort. If you rent from Alamo or Enterprise see if they will allow a drop off at Aulani. That way you will only have to pay for a shuttle from Aulani to the pier and from the pier back to HNL after your cruise.

We have done that at WDW-rented a car from West Palm to go to Key Largo for a wedding and dropped it at WDW after the wedding when we were at OKW. We have also taken ME to WDW and back to the airport and rented a car at WDW (Alamo/National) just for 2 days mid trip for off WDW days.:cool:

Long time DVC member here.

Yes I could tell by your signature that you are a big DCL fan!;)

I've been on the disboards for quite a while too. Mostly DVC, some DCL and WDW depending on where I am headed. :cool:

Some of my suggestions came from the Aulani board on the disboards. I have been there getting info for our October trip-first POA then 8 nights at Aulani!

:cool: