Snorkel excursion

The Cruisin' Sisters

We will be on the Legend 2/06 for our first cruise. We are having a tough time trying to figure out what to do while in Belize. We want to snorkel... I see a few companies that offer this, but it looks like you only get an hour or less for the snorkel part of the excursion. Is there a beach that has good snorkeling opportunities as well as a place to eat and drink if we plan to stay all day? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We will be on the Legend 2/06 for our first cruise. We are having a tough time trying to figure out what to do while in Belize. We want to snorkel... I see a few companies that offer this' date=' but it looks like you only get an hour or less for the snorkel part of the excursion. Is there a beach that has good snorkeling opportunities as well as a place to eat and drink if we plan to stay all day?[/color'] Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We did this from the Valor in August. We first snorkeled off the boat that picked us up directly from the ship... no need to tender to Belize City and we had first priority for disembarkment.

Snorkeling was great, the guides were wonderful and attentive. We did some free diving for awhile. We then got back on the boat where it let us off on the small island. We could snorkle off the beach but not as good as where we were. If you do snorkle off the beach, wear some snorkle shoes if you don't have your fins on. It is a bit rocky.

We had the best Barbequed Chicken and Belikin Beer. We were able to relax awhile, but there were no beach chairs. Bring ships towels to lay on as well as for drying off.

Here is a link to photos I took during my Valor Western Caribbean trip. Please be patient as the pages may take a few seconds to come up. If you just place your mouse cursor over the photo thumbnails, a brief description will appear, then click on each photo to see a larger version.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mlangsam/index.html

Enjoy,

Photocruiser

I second doing Goff's Cay. We loved it! You snorkel off the boat for about an hour and then on the island, one of the guides takes people out to the reefs around the island, if you want. Getting picked up at the ship is a big time-saver, too.

Archived