Help me plan my S America 36 day cruise

jimneycrkit

My mom, 81 and myself 47 are taking the 36 day Round the Horn cruise Jan 17th. We have no idea what to do and who would be a good tour guide for this trip. Cunard does not have any info on what they may be offering as far as shore excursions and frankly they are usually way too expensive in the first place. I am asking for your help as to what to do and what you liked at each port we are going on. We like history, animals, ie penguins, ancient ruins and my mom loves to shop (personally I hate it). Below is our schedule ate the times and days of the week we are at each port. If you can help , thanks in advance

Melissa

Salvador de Bahia - Brazil Tuesday 1-7 pm

Rio de Janeiro - Brazil Thur 8 am - Fri 6 pm

Montevideo Uraguary -Sun noon - Mom 2 pm

Ushuaia Argentina -Thur 8 am -4 pm

Punta Arenas Chili- Fri 8 am -7pm

Puerto Montt Chili - Mon 7 am -6pm

Valpariso (Santiago) Chili - Wed 6am - 8pm

Callao Peru - Sat 7am- 6pm

Esmeraldas Ecuador - Mon 8 am - 6pm

Fuerte Amador Panama - Wed 8 am 6pm

Puerto Caldera Costa Rica Fri 8 am -6pm

Acapulco Mexico 9 am- 6pm

Hello Melissa and Irene,

So glad to see you will be heading to South America on the QM. You will love it. We did this trip in '99 and as you know a fair amount of the Star crossing CC group have booked the Golden in Jan. 07. So, this means you will be able to keep us abreast of all the "new stuff". Keep in contact. We'd all love to hear from you.

Hi Carol, Yes we booked this trip This one is much harder to plan for, as there is not as much info available and we are in each port such a short time. This cruise is one my mom wanted to do. Our next one will be my pick and my pick is for a Australia, New Zealand Tahiti cruise next spring or early winter 07.. But we are probably doing the Med first during this summer on Crystal. Oh well a another long one 36 days, feel like I live on a ship. Can't wait to see penguins.

Melissa

Dear Jimneycriket

You are in for a wonderful cruise we did a 28 day version in January 2005 and loved it!!!

Read my review on this board just further down the page

"South American REview Jan 2 - 31, 2005" I have listed - further down the page from my review a list of all the private tour guides we used. They were all good and some were definitely exceptional - especially the ones in Buenos Aries, Lima & Punta Arines & the Falkland Islands.

If you have any questions just ask me my e-mail adress is on the review board.

Ann

PS we cruised with my DAd who is 83 and all the tours were suitable for him.

Archived