Has anyone been diving in Aruba???

cruzegirl

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

My husband and I dove in Aruba about ten years ago on a cruise with Holland. Took the boat excursion so I can't remember with what tour op, sorry:o

Was fantastic.

We were with a group of eight that took all their air very fast, so our master diver left us at a reasonable depth at the cord and brought them back up, then came back down and brought us into a submarine ship wreck. You will find it easily with a search engine if you look for wrecks in Aruba. It was a German sub that the captain sunk in WW2 instead of surrendering. He even took us up a chimney where there was a pocket of (foul?) air and we took a breath without our equipment for the thrill of it... We sure did not expect such an adventure! After the dive he explained he would not have taken us in if we would not have been wearing a good wet suit, so was worth it having them.;)

We dove Aruba in Sept. 2005. Used two different dive shops but perferred "RedSail".

The wreck dives were excellent. If you have limited time skip the "Arashi" (spelling?) its' the airplane site. Be sure and dive the "Antilla" (spelling?) which is the German supply ship that was scuttled during WWII. The "tugboat" dive (near the harbor) was pretty good too.

• 4 weeks later...

Son & I dove W/ WWW.Seaaruba.com . it was the highlight of our cruise. We dove on the "Antilla" & the airplane wreck. Steve was the DM. Very professional.BTW, the airplane is an Air Aruba YS-11 that was abandoned when the airline went bankrupt.The folks at seaaruba moved it off the end of the runway and sunk it in 50 feet of water. yes, you can enter the hull.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm hoping to go in March and would like some input from previous divers that have dove in Aruba.... Any info. would be appreciated..Thanks.. I also put this on the Aruba board too......

My wife and I went with Pelican Divers. They have a good size, but not too big of boat. Good operation. http://www.pelican-aruba.com/

Redsail in my opinion has too big of boats and too many people. I have seen their boats and groups in Caymans and Aruba. We prefer the smaller operators.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Archived