Catching an NHL Game on Breakaway?

the_redhead

I've been trying to find info on whether or not I'll be able to catch a hockey game while I'm on the Breakaway. I had planned to go to the Sharks-Rangers game this year (NY girl whose heart is with a CA team, I don't get many chances!), but it's scheduled for 10/17 and I'm on the Breakaway starting 10/16.

Any chance I'll be able to catch the game on board? I know, it's a cruise, there's so much other stuff to do. But I'm a pretty dedicated fan, and I'd be bummed to miss this game.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I doubt it very much.

From my experience traveling NCL (out of Miami) the sports channel broadcast available on the ship is a European sports network that focuses heavily on European soccer.

On top of that, the game you are interested in is on a Monday and the sports broadcast that evening will most likely be the Monday Night Football game (NYJ at ARZ).

If the MNF game is not being shown, the MLB playoffs will be going on around that time as well so that might get the nod.

The chances of them broadcasting a regular season NHL game over those other events are very slim.

I'm a huge sports fan so I'm always curious to see what's playing on the sports channel when I cruise.

Edited by Crusi3r_

That's pretty much what I anticipated. It's a bummer, but not unexpected. I imagine the NFL & MLB games would take precedence, even if hockey is the best sport ;)

Thanks for the answer!

If you really need to see it stream it on your phone as the Breakaway will not be too far off the US coastline. I do it all the time for the Rangers games when I am traveling.

I am Huge Hockey fan and season ticket holder for the Lightning and always try to watch games on the ship and they have never been able to get it. most of the time I record it but usually will listen to it on my phone with Iheart raido if you are close to shore it works great if out to sea then it can come in and out which sometimes gives me a heart attack :D good luck