Carnival Fantasy

DestinieTB

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the link. My husband and I are in the process of booking on Carnival Fantasy because we are an hour and a half from the port and it's really reasonable. I really didn't know anything about the ship other than it's small and has been refurbished. I'm sure we will enjoy ourselves. This will be his first cruise and my 4th cruise.

We cruised last August (2015) from Charleston (our filler cruise before our big cruise at Christmas ;)) and as it is a close drive and was a good price. We had a blast but the 3 of us always have a good time on our cruises so we would have made the best of it anyway.

First, its small and older, much older in decor and cabin setup, some cabins are updated and some not so much (as of that point in time anyway). We love the Liberty (our fav) and in 8 weeks we are on the Magic so we def prefer the bigger and new ships. So manage your expectations with regards to appearance especially if you are a seasoned cruiser. Charleston was a great city to leave from and we spent a couple days ahead of time just hanging out in Charleston.

Now with all that being said, we really had a good time and although the itinerary was not exciting we love HMC and rented a cabana. So worth it, it was hot as it was August and having that cabana was perfect. The deck activities were alot fun and the people on this cruise were great. Met and hung out with some really fun people and the comedy club was especially good on this cruise.

We really relaxed on this cruise as we did not plan a lot of things in port as we have been to those ports many times. So our filler cruise (fills in the waiting time inbetween bigger cruises) was really nice on the Fantasy and now DS (13) always asks about another "filler" cruise in the future.

Edited by Drazil65

The Fantasy was my first ship and will be my husband's first ship as well. I was on her in 96 when she was still fairly new, so I'm very interested in seeing how she's aged.

I'm sure you know this, but she'll be going out of Mobile, AL starting next month. I've only seen a couple of itineraries; a stop in Cozumel and maybe another in either Progreso or Costa Maya. Those are fun stops, but IMO there are better itineraries out there. But I won't complain too much because it's nice to have a ship back in Mobile again.

The Fantasy was my first ship and will be my husband's first ship as well. I was on her in 96 when she was still fairly new, so I'm very interested in seeing how she's aged.

I'm sure you know this, but she'll be going out of Mobile, AL starting next month. I've only seen a couple of itineraries; a stop in Cozumel and maybe another in either Progreso or Costa Maya. Those are fun stops, but IMO there are better itineraries out there. But I won't complain too much because it's nice to have a ship back in Mobile again.

I'll have to agree! I'm so close to Mobile and with the price? We're really loving it. My DH has never cruised and I thought that maybe a shorter cruise on a smaller ship would be a great honeymoon get-a-way. I was considering the Dream because we are 3 hours from New Orleans. The only issue I saw is what if he doesn't like it and we have to be on the ship 7 nights.

Sent from my Z970 using Forums mobile app

I'll have to agree! I'm so close to Mobile and with the price? We're really loving it. My DH has never cruised and I thought that maybe a shorter cruise on a smaller ship would be a great honeymoon get-a-way. I was considering the Dream because we are 3 hours from New Orleans. The only issue I saw is what if he doesn't like it and we have to be on the ship 7 nights.

Sent from my Z970 using Forums mobile app

LOL. That's pretty much why I chose this one too. I wanted him to start on a smaller ship. We actually had our pick because we're pretty much equidistant from Mobile, NOLA, Jacksonville, and Charleston. Mobile is closer by about an hour or so and I used to live there, so I love to go back whenever I get a chance.

I just got off the Fantasy a week ago (the Friday of Hurricane Matthew lol) and had a fabulous time with my 2 children. It was my second Carnival cruise, 1st was Imagination. I also have 7 cruises with Royal Caribbean on the bigger ships and my 1st cruise being the Grand Princess. I was not disappinted in this ship and would do it again without a thought:)

Sent from my SM-G903W using Forums mobile app